Anyone have a Starcki Damsel?

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Starcki Damsel today and it is absolutely beautiful. So far it is mixing well with everyone in my tank with the exception of my Electric Indigo Dottyback.

IMG_1515.jpeg

IMG_1521.jpeg

Last edited:

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try to avoid Petco and buy it from a online merchant or LFS with a good reputation.
This is one of the ‘good’ Petcos... great SW dept and prices are usually lower than it’s cousin LiveAquaria and you can see it before you buy it!
You can even order off their availability list, with no obligation to buy.

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one a couple of years ago and they are a really great fish. Mine was fine with everything apart from a yellow wrasse I added a couple of years after it had been in there. I liken them to a dwarf angel in terms of temprement where they are fine with most things but take the occasional dislike to some species.
Mine also took a beating when I added it but from my clowns. Once they settle in they won't take any trouble so I wouldn't worry to much about the dottyback.

OP
OP
Westside Guy

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one a couple of years ago and they are a really great fish. Mine was fine with everything apart from a yellow wrasse I added a couple of years after it had been in there. I liken them to a dwarf angel in terms of temprement where they are fine with most things but take the occasional dislike to some species.
Mine also took a beating when I added it but from my clowns. Once they settle in they won't take any trouble so I wouldn't worry to much about the dottyback.

The Electric Indigo Dottyback showed aggression toward a 6 line wrasse I introduced to the tank a week ago and now the Starcki Damsel. Luckily it just chases them for a little while but doesn't actually attack them but it appears that the Dottyback is protecting his territory from new fish.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the look of a starkii. Unfortunately it was a mean fish and took out a lightning maroon of equal size and even stood up to the purple tang. That didn't play out well for the starkii so he was rehomed. It was the most electric blue fish I've seen.

OP
OP
Westside Guy

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the look of a starkii. Unfortunately it was a mean fish and took out a lightning maroon of equal size and even stood up to the purple tang. That didn't play out well for the starkii so he was rehomed. It was the most electric blue fish I've seen.

My LFS told me the Starcki was fairly peaceful for a damsel. So far, so good and I will keep my fingers crosses. :)

I agree that the colors on the Starcki are absolutely breath taking! :cool:

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS told me the Starcki was fairly peaceful for a damsel. So far, so good and I will keep my fingers crosses. :)

I agree that the colors on the Starcki are absolutely breath taking! :cool:
The ones I've seen are model citizens, leave it to me to get the mean one, lol

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW IS YOUR TANK TODAY? (TELL US WHAT'S GOING RIGHT AND WHAT'S GOING WRONG IN THE COMMENTS!)

• My tanks is doing awesome!

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • It's doing good, but could be better!

Votes: 64 38.3%
  • It's okay!

Votes: 23 13.8%
  • It's not great, but it could be worse.

Votes: 33 19.8%
  • It's not doing good...and It can't afford to get worse.

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Yeah...No comment...

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 4.2%
Back