Apex Controlled Battery Backup Solution?

OP
OP
S

spawn79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can do a search here or outside such as google on telegraham - he has some good DIY info on this which is what I've been using.
Oh yeah. Almost forgot this part. Yeah, @telegraham is the bomb-diggity. I wish I had him in my backyard so I could call him over whenever I needed a hand. Plus he gives away corals. You can never go wrong there! :cool:
Just wish he would get back to youtube a bit more since I'm not on IG. hint hint Though I understand people are a holes and that can get really tiring real quick.

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right. If I wanted to back the whole system up and have all the failovers work in programming I could certainly do that. With the way this will be set up however it will bypass that entirely and keep the whole system on DC power which will extend the life of the supply without all the inverter and converter losses. I can also still have safety in place through leak sensors and whatnot and kill the power in case something springs a leak at the same time since the brain will still be alive as well.

Your statement "When the brain senses 120v power loss at the eb832 then it would trigger programming to shut off/turn on whatever ports needed." is not possible as the eb832 will not have any power going to it. They will all be off in your scenario without the ability to be turned on.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 35 41.2%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 5 5.9%
Back