Apex Not Connection to Fusion After AOS Update

Ziggy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Apex also failed after the update - but in a different way. It stopped recording all data - but was still doing regular functions like timers for lights, etc - even Trident. Called Neptune and they suggested replacing the mini SD Card. Told me you can't replace with anything bigger than 16gb (8gb is also ok). Cost was $8.00. Replaced it and now all is good. You will have to reprogram all channels but overall a pretty easy fix.
Nothing fixed it. They sent me an A3, still doing the same thing. Nothing I can do.

deome

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a very high rate of failure. Were they all A2s?

I started in 2022 with an A2. Six to nine months later, the module went into perm disconnect, and I immediately bought a new A3 JR to replace it. The old A2 got put on a shelf and forgotten until the A3 JR went into perm disconnect mode last February or so. This time I contacted Neptune support, but they couldn't fix it and, to their credit, immediately shipped me a new A3 and pre-paid return box for the now dead A3 JR. Before the new A3 JR arrived, I dusted off the old A2 and got it working with a wired network connection, and that lasted until just after the last update. So last week I opened up the brand new replacement A3 JR to replace the once again bricked A2.

I'm looking to buy Hydros because, from my understanding, the network connection is more modular, rather than everything I need to keep my tank heated and alive just breaking down after an update (or for no reason at all). And I'm looking at buying soon because I give the brand new A3 JR six to nine months, based on experience.

SpyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally updated my apex and what do you know...no graphs again. Wifi also is not working. I recently moved as well and after reconnecting everything, the apex no longer works if not connected to the internet. Idk whay that is the case, but disconnectingfrom the internet shuts down the eb832 ports and sets everything to off. So that is a lovely surprise. Will be keeping this thing alive as long as possible then fonally bailing and moving to the hydros. It has its own struggles, but at least every add on can function as a backup.

Back