Are my tanks seams beginning to fail?

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is out and in my new trusty bucket. I followed through on the plan I typed out earlier. It took about ~3 hours. Will update when I hear from Red Sea. Photo Oct 08 2024, 11 08 36 PM.jpg
Well done, you got good advice here.

Just saved a really big mess from happening.

EliMelly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Everything is out and in my new trusty bucket. I followed through on the plan I typed out earlier. It took about ~3 hours. Will update when I hear from Red Sea.

Photo Oct 08 2024, 11 08 36 PM.jpg
You are so lucky you got this in order and saved your floor and this is the only cost !

JoJosReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we can all collectively release our held in breath now. I read this post earlier today and have been thinking about you and your tank all day long (while still maintaining normal function, of course... Wasn't quite paralyzed with fear, although almost!)

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indefinitely with heat, flow, a filter, and a light! I had mine for over a month in a tote when my tank leak
That is really good to know! I've had all my stuff in a Brute, I only did 3 says. Did you make any changes to your daily routine? Or did you just maintain the Status Quo?

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on what I've read elsewhere all they are going to offer is a discount on a new tank which is a bummer.
The discount on tank replacements are for out of warranty tanks. They should send you a replacement but charge you shipping from what I’ve seen.

As for tank recommendations, even I’ve seen many Waterbox leaks - just make sure you get a eurobraced tank. Eurobracing and a strong level stand with no sag are probably the 2 most important aspects that help prevent a leak, aside from a proper silicone job.

Acrylic is also pretty bullet proof (literally too).

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is really good to know! I've had all my stuff in a Brute, I only did 3 says. Did you make any changes to your daily routine? Or did you just maintain the Status Quo?
No major changes. I did do frequent water changes though especially in the beginning as I was worried about the ammonia levels. And I know someone who had their fish living in totes for months. If you think about it a tote is a lot like a pond or a fish tank. If it holds water and can have the necessary equipment to run it then it can be a success and be a home for fish. Hewbie loved the tote life because he couldn’t see his reflection and it was nice and roomy/he could look up at me and beg for food. But mainly because there was no glass surfing or reflections to be seen. Just like in the ocean.

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean there are always standard aqueon :)

You would need a hob overflow though.
Actually Aqueon makes a 210 and a 125 gallon reef ready model! Thats what my 125 was

WHAT'S THE BIGGEST FISH IN YOUR TANK? SHOW IT OFF, NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL!

• >1 inch.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • 1 - 3 inches.

Votes: 45 39.8%
  • 4 - 6 inches.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • 7 - 9 inches.

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • 10 - 12 inches.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • 13+ inches.

Votes: 7 6.2%