• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

ASD 3 Day Shipping Delay

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Conquest_317

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of that said I’ve had great luck with them. I tend to consider them one of the best vendors out there. Great items in all of my shipments. I’ve had 1 issue they immediately took care of.
I would hope they aren't the best because I am unimpressed. I've bought from them twice and had issues both times.

First order was pretty good, but they some me bullshot rock flower anemones labeled as "Almost WYSIWYG" and they were not even in the same color spectrum. There excuse was it wasn't exactly WYSIWYG so they would be changes. I wasnt having that and they offered me a credit. There was also a DOA, which they said would be added to my next order.

In this second order I have at least 10 DOAs/died next day corals and all I get is 50% credit for that. They also didnt add the DOA, which I emailed them about nor have they addressed it. And one of my more expensive corals was different than portrayed in their photos, an entirely different color, but I am getting worn down with arguing with them.

I keep receiving credit with a company that keeps giving me issues. I'm sure the next order will have issues too.

I see people in the AquaSD forum that they are great and will take care of you, but I haven't seen that or experienced it.

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not schedule deliveries on Friday let alone Saturday since if there is a shipping delay you may not get livestock until Monday. Try to get deliveries overnight for delivery on Tuesday or Wednesday. That reduces the risk of having to waste time and energy to get refunds later.

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not schedule deliveries on Friday let alone Saturday since if there is a shipping delay you may not get livestock until Monday. Try to get deliveries overnight for delivery on Tuesday or Wednesday. That reduces the risk of having to waste time and energy to get refunds later.
Mine were both scheduled for a Tuesday. Just to clarify that part of my issue.
Well y'all jinxed me... My order from ASD, originally scheduled for tomorrow (Friday) is now delayed. I knew something didn't feel right.. fingers crossed!!
I honestly think most of my order would have been fine had the bags not leaked. (And if they had used cold packs). My nem is alive. Goni lived. Zoas struggled but finally opened when I blasted them with light (they run their zoas pretty hot I think and the are used to FLOW), my hammer was chewed up but I think it’s salvageable. Acan looked okay but time will tell. Duncans are the prettiest I’ve ever seen. And a HUGE fire shrimp is fine. There is hope. But IDK what’s going on with UPS San Diego and all the delays.
I’m very rural so there is always a “notice of delay” for overnight deliveries for me. If the box is marked live fish, they always get it here though. This delay came out of San Diego and affected city folk too.
Hello,

I just got notice that my ASD package was delayed until Monday due to a shipping delay. Is there any hope that the corals will survive?

Heavenly wall hammer
Indo deepwater acro colony
Indo 24k gold torch
Midnight cascade lobo
Ausie tips ice branching hammer
White claws acan
Purple dragon acro

Aside from dealing with DOA for ASD, if they survive how should I acclimate them? I unfortunately dont have a qt or holding tank, just a display.

It's sad that a lot of people have been getting delays with ASD recently.
Recommended Acclimation from ASD and Vic at WWC for delayed corals: temp acclimate, put them in a bowl of your tank water, inspect frags, blow off with a turkey baster put them at the bottom of your tank and acclimate to light how you normally would.
Go to vendor forum right away. Not mad. But just open and honest about what happened, post pics, and tag them asking to help with the situation

They handle the narrative from there, they can come out looking good or bad and then it’s documented for others in the future
I’ll post it there if they don’t get on the stick. They didn’t chain the plane to the ground and I know they are likely dealing with multiples of these claims. 10 business days is a reasonable amount of time for a claim. When I go to the vendor thread, I want to be able to either praise their handling or express unhappiness without 100 responses saying “they’ll make it right, they always do.” I can’t really do either right now. Mine isn’t as straight forward as delayed shipping either so we’ll see. I have defended them in the past and counseled patience with communication. Lol I should heed my own advice.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch what you say. I got put on restriction for saying similar about a top sponsor here.
This kind of thing needs to stop!
I’ve been seeing numerous threads recently where vendors do this with zero repercussions from the forum and they are allowed to keep advertising and hiding the problems because moderators and staff decide it’s better for them.
#MOD#MODS please take these things seriously.
It affects how you, as R2R as a whole, look, and the look is bad.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been seeing numerous threads recently where vendors do this with zero repercussions from the forum and they are allowed to keep advertising and hiding the problems because moderators and staff decide it’s better for them.
$$

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Definitely. Without US posting there would be no reef2reef and no one to run all those super duper bunker blasting every other day deals for.

I can understand not allowing libel, but expressing frustration at a vendor’s behavior or business practices should be fair game.

-Matt

OP
OP
Al1sta1r

Al1sta1r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for clarification, the package was scheduled for delivery on Thursday and got delayed until Monday.

Update 3: AquaSD stated that I'm out $350 because of the shipping delay. Never ordering online again, especially from this company. Their policy also says that they won't cover shipping due to "mechanical or weather" delays, however this was a late flight. They also shipped during a severe heat warning which they said they will not do, violating their policy. I filed a chargeback and submitted all this evidence to the bank.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for clarification, the package was scheduled for delivery on Thursday and got delayed until Monday.

Update 3: AquaSD stated that I'm out $350 because of the shipping delay. Never ordering online again, especially from this company. Their policy also says that they won't cover shipping due to "mechanical or weather" delays, however this was a late flight. They also shipped during a severe heat warning which they said they will not do, violating their policy. I filed a chargeback and submitted all this evidence to the bank.

That's just terrible business practice. I've ordered from them before but after seeing that I never will again.

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have read their shipping policy more closely:

If that's the case, this will be my last order from them... no exception, @AquaSD
I’ve never in my life shipped anything UPS that didn’t come with some amount of insurance. File a claim with UPS also and see what they say.

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah best action is to use a credit card when ordering online it’s the easiest to get a charge back on! Sad to see this happen as they have always been on my radar to purchase corals from!

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have read their shipping policy more closely:

If that's the case, this will be my last order from them... no exception, @AquaSD
That's nothing new ya know, ordering coral, the onus has always been on the customer not the store. Once that order is passed off to UPS, it's out of AquaSD's hands and liability.

This thread is madness that folks honestly DON'T read the fine print. Don't like it, give your local LFS a chance or don't order online, across states.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely. Without US posting there would be no reef2reef and no one to run all those super duper bunker blasting every other day deals for.

I can understand not allowing libel, but expressing frustration at a vendor’s behavior or business practices should be fair game.

-Matt
It will just be modded to death, or outright deleted because it will somehow violate the tos (it's somewhat extreme and particular towards protecting the site itself). This place conveniently forget it's the user base that keeps it running ...

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

DOES TANK SIZE MATTER WHEN TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR REEF?

• Yes, the environment in smaller tanks is harder to maintain.

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Yes, the environment in larger tank is harder to maintain.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reef environments are hard to maintain no matter the size of the tank.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • You have problems maintaining your reef's environment? Noob.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 3 11.1%
Back