• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

ASD 3 Day Shipping Delay

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right, I don't like it, so I will change where I do business. Also I completely disagree with your first statement and am pretty sure it is factually incorrect. There have been long, exhaustive threads on that topic. It may be "out of their hands", but that doesn't mean they shouldn't correct the issue.

I'm sorry but if you think I need to eat the cost of the shipping failure, then you are delusional.

It's out of their hands once it ships, if they choose to do something about it, it's as a courtesy not a must. The risk isn't on the shipping company (UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL) as they don't insure live animals, risk is absorbed between the company that ships the item and the customer. Shipping policies are in place, in particular for this shipper (AquaSd), why should they break their back because someone didn't read the fine print on the shipping policies.

I'm not delusional, just a realist that understands how the industry works (aquaria and shipping).

I personally order only instate because of the risks in the game.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is untrue. You were placed on restriction due to spamming this feedback in multiple threads and going on mission to outright bash someone else on this forum which, yes, is a violation of our terms of service (we apply this rule to attempting to use the forum as a mechanism to attack anyone whether a business--sponsor or not--or an individual). You were allowed to post your feedback thread which is still in existence for anyone who wants to read it.

I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone of the R2R Terms of Service which every user on this site agrees to abide by.

Here is the pertinent info regarding feedback:
Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes:
  • This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer, and/or dealer through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community. In the case of a vendor, buyer or seller feedback thread the posting of emails, text messages and private messages are allowed as long as ALL personal info (names, addresses, phone numbers, etc.) have been removed.
  • Feedback threads about specific vendors, companies and products are allowed as outlined by the TOS. But targeting a specific vendor, company or product in a general discussion where multiple members post dislikes, issues and harsh verbiage is not permitted and will be edited accordingly. Thread titles that are deemed to be overly harsh or inviting a dog pile mentality will be edited to conform to R2R’s guidelines and culture. Our aim is for R2R to be a friendly and welcoming culture for all. Using R2R as a vehicle to air grievances, feed a mob mentality or to cause general negative discourse is prohibited. R2R reserves the right to remove any thread, post, review, feedback, image etc. that might be considered a libelous statement against another member or company. When leaving a review please keep to the facts and avoid speculation and ranting. Our community forum is not a platform to resolves disputes or host rants. Reviews and feedback that do not adhere to these guidelines will be removed.

Here is the pertinent info regarding posting disagreements with administration/moderation decisions (found under the "Be Courteous" section of our TOS:
  • Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned. If rules are violated we retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and, if necessary, ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our staff may/will result in immediate suspension of your account. Complaints about moderator decisions may not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.
  • We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate ANY rudeness.
  • Any thread, posts or messages that we deem as "R2R Bashing" will be removed and is grounds for account restriction.
There it is…. Was waiting for this to be shut down and everyone warned because we question the policies of the site…..

You guys still havnt addressed the fact that you continue to allow these vendors to rip people off and still be sponsors.

What’s up with that? As long as they pay monthly they can do whatever they want to users here?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And I totally get your point. They didn’t chain the plane to the ground.

That doesn’t change what happened with my order. Water leaking out of bags, ignoring my ship dates, and failing to pack for the temperatures. I actually emailed them the projected temp and I know they read it because they responded to it. It also does excuse shipping fresh glued frags that fell off the plugs and got damaged in shipping.

If they had shipped my orders packaged well I would feel differently. I also lost an entire order that should still be in the frag tanks. The least that could have done was refund the one shipping box when I requested it since their policy is to combine shipping on orders that go out in the same box but they didn’t even offer when I mentioned the second shipping charge.
I believe this is the type of post that if you posted in the vendor feedback forum, you would get a better response from the company. Right now, your (valid IMHO) issue is being lost in the forest of the rest of this thread @Daniel@R2R

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's out of their hands once it ships, if they choose to do something about it, it's as a courtesy not a must. The risk isn't on the shipping company (UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL) as they don't insure live animals, risk is absorbed between the company that ships the item and the customer. Shipping policies are in place, in particular for this shipper (AquaSd), why should they break their back because someone didn't read the fine print on the shipping policies.

I'm not delusional, just a realist that understands how the industry works (aquaria and shipping).

The real issue I see here in this thread is they only offered to cover HALF of his actual order of corals when they all arrived dead.

Forget the shipping costs that’s been beaten to death with the horse.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe this is the type of post that if you posted in the vendor feedback forum, you would get a better response from the company. Right now, your (valid IMHO) issue is being lost in the forest of the rest of this thread @Daniel@R2R
That is a real gripe. If you documented that, AquaSD dropped the ball hard.

The other issue where it sounds like a plane didn't do its job... Yeah different issue.

Gribbles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Because it's customer support and retention.

You're gonna lose a customer because you can't refund them over a $30 shipping charge? That's poor customer service and that's why they should break their back.

Ya'll are dealing with this like it's an absolute and it just isn't. Have whatever policy you want. It's my money and I'll choose how to spend it going forward. Isn't that how capitalism works?

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The real issue I see here in this thread is they only offered to cover HALF of his actual order of corals when they all arrived dead.

Was everything dead @ delivery or did it croak after a few days. I've had both issues and was appropriately compensated with a vendor that's not here.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There it is…. Was waiting for this to be shut down and everyone warned because we question the policies of the site…..
What was shut down?? The thread is still open. Also, there wasn't a question, but rather an accusation made against the administrators of the site. If someone has a question about site policies, feel free to reach out in DM as instructed in the TOS.

You guys still havnt addressed the fact that you continue to allow these vendors to rip people off and still be sponsors.

What’s up with that? As long as they pay monthly they can do whatever they want to users here?
We have actually removed sponsors if proof comes forth of there being unethical business practices. I can think of a few examples during my tenure as an admin here. (Thankfully, there have not been but a few.) So, again, the idea that we grant impunity to sponsors is unfounded.

Doctorgori

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Again, when companies stop allowing shipping when certain conditions exist, people will gripe about that as well. Either have to accept the risks or possibly get nothing in the mail.
I agree totally, my issue is when they do something stupid: as in heat packs in June
The freshwater person I get fish from will not ship if (along the shipment route) - the temperatures are outside a certain range (or if there are severe storms predicted along the route that could delay shipping). There are many other companies which ship expensive items (auctions, etc) that ship only M-Th.
They all should do this IMO
That doesn’t change what happened with my order. Water leaking out of bags, ignoring my ship dates, and failing to pack for the temperatures. I actually emailed them the projected temp and I know they read it because they responded to it. It also does excuse shipping fresh glued frags that fell off the plugs and got damaged in shipping.
same here
I try not to buy corals on line during the summer (or winter if you have 90F winters where you are at?)
I’m taking this under advisement

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because it's customer support and retention.

You're gonna lose a customer because you can't refund them over a $30 shipping charge? That's poor customer service and that's why they should break their back.

Ya'll are dealing with this like it's an absolute and it just isn't. Have whatever policy you want. It's my money and I'll choose how to spend it going forward. Isn't that how capitalism works?
No one in this industry refunds shipping, I've never seen it and it surely won't start happening. That's a monetary black hole none of these companies can afford.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree. The benefit to using the feedback forum is that specific issues can be addressed directly rather than getting lost in a thread where multiple posts regarding feedback are made. It is why our feedback policy is what it is. Our hope is that situations like these get resolved, and this happens more easily when they can be addressed without a lot of outside commentary from people not involved in the transaction.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I think you're mixing up the people - the person that got the 50% offer was not the one that lost all of his coral - he only lost part of his coral. It's not clear to me if he or she followed all of the criteria for returns that ASD writes about on their site. The person (the OP) that lost all of his coral got no refund, because it was not covered due to a shipping delay (this is my understanding).

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree totally, my issue is when they do something stupid: as in heat packs in June

They all should do this IMO

same here

I’m taking this under advisement
Very true about the heat packs, but remember AquaSd is San Diego based, were still getting overnight temps in the low 60's here in So Cal., thus it's a dice roll to not heat pack it.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was shut down?? The thread is still open. Also, there wasn't a question, but rather an accusation made against the administrators of the site. If someone has a question about site policies, feel free to reach out in DM as instructed in the TOS.

We have actually removed sponsors if proof comes forth of there being unethical business practices. I can think of a few examples during my tenure as an admin here. (Thankfully, there have not been but a few.) So, again, the idea that we grant impunity to sponsors is unfounded.

You’re right, a RARE example of you actually keeping the dialogue open!

Gribbles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one in this industry refunds shipping, I've never seen it and it surely won't start happening. That's a monetary black hole none of these companies can afford.
"No one" - again you deal with absolutes. So you have researched the shipping policy of everyone? That's ridiculous like your unwavering support for shippers. It's kinda weird.

Fwiw, I had a purchase recently from Dr. Reef that had some troubles, and surprise surprise...he refunded it! Didn't you say you were the industry expert or something?

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Eh, I had a sponsor make a point to blackball me over speaking out about their DOA policies. Literally contacted me via PM to 'help' and in the end decided naaahhh I don't want your business. No thanks to that kind of nonsense....

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You’re right, a RARE example of you actually keeping the dialogue open!
Actually, we usually do our best to try and leave dialogue open unless the thread moves completely out of line with our TOS.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you're mixing up the people - the person that got the 50% offer was not the one that lost all of his coral - he only lost part of his coral. It's not clear to me if he or she followed all of the criteria for returns that ASD writes about on their site. The person (the OP) that lost all of his coral got no refund, because it was not covered due to a shipping delay (this is my understanding).
Sorry for the concision.
ASD is just sooo bad at things it’s hard to keep it straight.

Not offering DOA because of shipping is just silly and I would absolutely do a charge back on my CC if they tried to pull that shadey business.

Let them deal with the credit card company, it’s more hassle for them to deal with as a result of their poor practices.

I’d said for Years now ASD is one of the worst online shops and things like this are exactly why. Well that, and them shipping out tons of AEFW frags years ago…..

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

DOES TANK SIZE MATTER WHEN TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR REEF?

• Yes, the environment in smaller tanks is harder to maintain.

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Yes, the environment in larger tank is harder to maintain.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reef environments are hard to maintain no matter the size of the tank.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • You have problems maintaining your reef's environment? Noob.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 3 10.7%
Back