Automatic water change system

andy28115

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at doing an awc system using the aqua duo system. My current setup is a JBJ rf45 aio. I have an auto top off reservoir under the tank I plan on using. I will be getting a black trash can to store saltwater for water changes. The wall behind the aquarium is shared with the garage. I plan on mounting an rodi on the garage sign and running a line through the wall split between the ato and saltwater station. I will place the salt line running into the back of the tank into the filter and place the pump out line from the aqua duo into the garage through the same wall leading out to my drive. My question is how do I get a siphon break running from the pump out into the garage? I’m trying not to have remove the drain pump from the filter section of my aquarium. Do they make back-flow valves that small? I am a right leg below the knee amputee and am trying to figure a system that would work with me in a wheelchair. I currently use a prosthetic but am planning for the unplanned (some times I wind up in my wheelchair due to unpreventable occurrences). Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Formulator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do make check valves for RODI tubing (assuming thats what you are using) but an even better option IMO is just to mount the outlet above water level in your sump.
IMG_4380.png

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DO YOU PRIORITIZE YOUR TANK AFTER A LONG DAY?

• Yes, my tank helps me with day-to-day stress relief.

Votes: 31 39.2%
  • Yes, even if I don't feel like it.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • It depends on the day.

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • No, I'll try to save my "tank work" for a different day.

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back