Training blotch anthias to eat pellets

reefing89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, trying to see if anybody had luck or tips on how to try and do this. I want to switch to my automathic feeder since I will be working late and don’t want him to wait for me to come home and night to eat frozen food. I feel like I’m over feeding trying to get him to try a pallet but he is not interested at all. Tried searching up tips on the internet but haven’t had any luck. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. I’ll leave a pic of my chunky guy.
IMG_1953.jpeg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First you got to get them eating, if its not eating pellets then feed something different. When it starts eating whatever type of food, feed it at the same time every day, then it will start expecting its food, thats when you try new foods.

Sumbub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Soak it in the frozen food liquid to entice it. Probably feed them at the same time and see if they go for it. I think that's the easiest way to get them to switch

OP
OP
reefing89

reefing89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First you got to get them eating, if it’s not eating pellets then feed something different. When it starts eating whatever type of food, feed it at the same time every day, then it will start expecting its food, thats when you try new foods.
He eats like a pig and probably the most aggressive feeder when I throw mysis and brine shrimp. That’s the problem the feeding time ps are a bit inconsistent due to my job, I’m a first responder for a gas utility company so that’s why I’m stressing about him eating pellets. Sometimes I get home till 8 or can stay at work overnight due to a gas emergency.

danreef55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little additional twist to suggestion of feeding both at the same time.... First feed a bit of the frozen when it starts to eat drop the pellet:cool:

OP
OP
reefing89

reefing89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little additional twist to suggestion of feeding both at the same time.... First feed a bit of the frozen when it starts to eat drop the
Okay now that makes sense, I was soaking it with garlic and feeding that by itself. Thank you hopefully that solves all of this and can have a little peace at work.

Last edited:

ti_lavender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had multiple blotchies eat pellets. They seem to like TDO pellets and the nutramar pellets. I used to use TDO pellets in an autofeeder that they'd regularly eat from.

Keep us posted.

OP
OP
reefing89

reefing89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had multiple blotchies eat pellets. They seem to like TDO pellets and the nutramar pellets. I used to use TDO pellets in an autofeeder that they'd regularly eat from.

Keep us posted.
you know what i am looking into getting some tdo pellets, what size do you get, medium????

HOW ARE YOU FIGHTING NUISANCE ALGAE RIGHT NOW?

• Clean-Up Crew

Votes: 47 88.7%
  • Algae-Eating Fish

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • Light Adjustments

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Nutrient Adjustments

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 11 20.8%
Back