Baby blue tang

FDchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had my baby blue tang 3 days now. I’ve noticed behavior I’ve never seen with other fish. When one of the other 4 fish in the tank swim by it the baby blue will follow them. Nothing aggressive just casually swims next to the other fish. Does this with both my clowns, melanurus wrasse and my two spot tang. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it potentially stress related because blue tangs like groups maybe? It is currently the smallest fish in the tank.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had my baby blue tang 3 days now. I’ve noticed behavior I’ve never seen with other fish. When one of the other 4 fish in the tank swim by it the baby blue will follow them. Nothing aggressive just casually swims next to the other fish. Does this with both my clowns, melanurus wrasse and my two spot tang. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it potentially stress related because blue tangs like groups maybe? It is currently the smallest fish in the tank.
Mine did that as a baby but now he likes to be on his own chilling in the rocks and picking.

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My blue tang is super funny. She is 8 inches long and hides in between two rocks that she backs into every night. Like she’s parking a station wagon from the 80s into a parking space the size of a walnut. She swims all the way to the top of the tank, gulps a breath of air and comes down really fast and does it over and over and over again. She swims with my fox face and hangs out with him. She puts my chromis in place when they fight by getting in their face, really cool to watch. She eats scolys so I’ve had to remove them from my tank. All in all, awesome fish. Enjoy your little one!

OP
OP
FDchase

FDchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far it’s the new favorite, mostly because it’s always swimming in the open where all the other fish are going through the rocks. It still hasn’t discovered the algae clip but eats up everything else I put in the tank.

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • My coral

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 3.3%
Back