Best alkalinity number?

PotatoPig

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry , with you saying “ noticeable growth I expected more , I mean 1 dkh per week is nothing
You got coraline growth?
Oh, I meant more “it’s enough I need to actually monitor and dose” vs a few months ago when I could get away with testing every few weeks and then catching up if needed. It requires action to keep up.

Yeah, have coraline growing on glass, plastic and so on, including the front where I have to periodically scrape on top of magnet cleaning, and all over the power heads.

I realize some of y’all have multiple DKH/day consumption - not there yet, though my little SPS colonies are all growing nicely.

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hassle why? Cos the low kh salt? If and when I do a small wc I dose the nsw to the same kh
Just that in my tank... the Alk Gravitates to about 7. I can dose it up to 9, but one little burp in the reactor, or I forget to recharge the Kalk reactor and it drops fast to about 7 again. Or maybe I replace a larger amount of water than usual, and I would then have to adjust each time.

I think if I used a higher Alk salt like RC... it would probably be easier to run higher... like others have said.

Also, the more I strain my Ca reactor and Alk reactor... the more likely the Alk is to shoot up to undesired levels.

scotty333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just that in my tank... the Alk Gravitates to about 7. I can dose it up to 9, but one little burp in the reactor, or I forget to recharge the Kalk reactor and it drops fast to about 7 again. Or maybe I replace a larger amount of water than usual, and I would then have to adjust each time.

I think if I used a higher Alk salt like RC... it would probably be easier to run higher... like others have said.

Also, the more I strain my Ca reactor and Alk reactor... the more likely the Alk is to shoot up to undesired levels.
Sounds tricky

reefer2/19/24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started using Avast Kalk stirrer and tested Alk at 13.3 but it has raised the PH to 8.1 was at 7.4 lowest on the color scale ATI test. Using Chris Mechly method. He said it would raise Alk but will eventually level out? I hope he's right...

Back