Best light option for SPS

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Plenty of lights will work just fine for acros and don't cost what radions cost. The better option is just making sure you have adequate coverage with whatever light you choose. Pretty much any reef light out there will be fine. The #1 important thing is water chemistry and #2 flow with #3 lighting IMO. My viparspectra 300s color up and grow acros with the best of them but they have no frills like apps or ramping. There's also the MH and t5 option as well. Either way..with money as no factor...radion wouldn't be in my top 3 or 4 choices but that's just me.

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, they aren’t the same, but it also wasn’t reflected within your original wording.

But either way, it doesn’t really change my point - that even if they weren’t subsidized the cost would be so marginal at scale that you likely wouldn’t even see a change in the pricing of corals (it’ll probably also affect the brands in use by the farms as well), however if the marketing portion of the cost was reduced for the end user, than Radion owners would’ve saved quite a bit more.

I don’t really care if they do or do not subsidize or make their lights unnecessarily expansive - that’s really their own business decision to make and they clearly doing more than fine.

At the end of the day - I’m their customer too, with other products where I feel like they do have added value to them compared to the competition and I was willing to pay more to have them. It’s just isn’t the case with Radions for me.

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello refers, I’m asking for for advice and opinions about Lights options for SPS Corals Tank:
I need to decide for the best Option for my SPS system:
my tank is 300 cms large, 70 wide and 60 depth. Total 450 Gal
only SPS corals

I can’t decide over this options:
Ecotech Radion Gen 6 Pro
Kessil AP9 x
Ati Straton pro 204

I appreciate and value your opinions very much because the investment in lighting systems is important and I want to make the best decision.

Happy Reefing

You should really consider T5 as main lighting source, with some LED's as secondary lighting source .
To my humble opinion, T5 are still the best in terms coverage. The LED's will be best in Xtra "pop" of the corals.
if you still want to go only with the options that you mentioned, then ATI straton pro , or Reefi will be a great choice.

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reread it, perhaps

Or don't

I'm not your boss.

Clue; there is a set that is wearing both. And a set that is wearing neither. I didn't get exposed to Venns util the 7th grade. But my daughters had them in Kindergarten and first grade

Maybe they have stopped teaching Venns altogether now. Dunno
Dude. I’m a programmer, I know how sets work very well and probably use them more then the average Joe. You implying I lack intelligence in any way or form is low key a very weak strategy.

Maybe you don’t see the big picture? I don’t know, and this point I also don’t care. I’ll let you twist it however you want if it makes you feel better, the comments are public for others to see and decide for themselves.

Reefering1

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. You led guys argue funny.. A whole lot of nothing and bickering over words chosen. Ohh so familiar. Let's see some graphs, at least argue which light it better.
HALIDE POWER!!!

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And this is why threads like this asking what is "best" is a bad idea. Everyone has their own agenda and personal bias. There are so many options for lighting be it bulb or LED that it can make ones head spin.

Honestly set a budget and work backwards. It is best if you can see a display in person with the lights on your shopping list. If not the next best thing is to scour the net and look at build threads. Important thing when doing this is to understand how long "that particular" display has been up. Also assess their husbandry skills. Lights are only 1 factor and the hobbyist skill should not be overlooked.

Most lights sold will all grow corals because there is more to success than a PAR number....

All the best.

keoreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with Orphek Atlantik v4 because it was a perfect fit for my tank size(i have a nano - all acros) with the capability to add in 2 of the 24 inch OR4 bars using the same hanging fixture. Also, I just really like @MantisReef's tank look and he uses all Orpheks.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Some of the best tanks ive seen utilize Radions but other viable options are Orpheks, and Mitra lighting as well as Reef Breeder Photons
Agreed! I have been gone from Radions for a while and just picked up a Gen 6 blue. They really did an incredible job on the spectrum imo. Colors with stock templates are simply beautiful!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back