Best online coral shops?

jimbosabi6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s everybody’s go to for buying coral online I’ve been around to my local stores here in Maryland and the searching I’ve done online has produced way better looking options just wondering if it’s really trusting and all that jazz

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been recently ordering from AquaSD and Unique corals and really like them. But I am nearby so I don't know if shipping across country would make it a very different experience.

Last edited:

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been recently ordering from AquaSD and Unique corals and really like them. But I am nearby so I don't know if shipping across country south make it a very different experience.
I buy from aqua sd, located in pennsylvania havent had shipping issues.
A decent close one to us is frags2fishes their kind of hit and miss on stock though in the way that things get posted and bought quick.

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a fan of @uniquecorals , @CherryCorals , Austin Aqua Farms, @TopShelfAquatics, @WWC ..
I’ve also ordered from Cali kid corals once. Shipping was less than optimal. Most the water had leaked out of the bags and all over the heat packs. Needless to say that 300.00 scoly didn’t make it a week. All of the other vendors listed above ship and pack well. I guess I shouldn’t judge Calikid off that one and only time I ordered from them. I did order a rather expensive Torch from TSA and I have to say, it was hands down the best packaging I’ve ever seen. They don’t skimp on the water either. Cherry corals is probably the most expensive for shipping out of the ones listed, unless you live in the surrounding area. Or unless you spend a good chunk of change. The more you spend the cheaper it gets. They do have quality corals though.
Unique’s shipping is 25$ and is free when you spend $150.00 . I’ve ordered tons of stuff from them. Never had issues with their packaging. Top shelf aquatics is 29.99 for shipping and 19.99 shipping for Florida residents. And free at $249.00... World wide is kind of a boutique type store. You’re gonna pay high dollar for anything there. They have some nice stuff though. Shipping is 24.99 for out of state and 14.99 for Florida residents. Austin Aqua farms has great prices also. And their pictures are a very true representation of what you get. That has been my go to place for Acans. And I’m talking about BIG frags! Not your little 1 to 2 inch frags you get from some places. They do have some smaller pieces, but largish colonies are available most the time.
If you’re into Rock Flower Anemones, Salt Critters is the best bang for the buck I’ve found as of yet. I’ve purchased about 30 from them. I’ve heard good things about AquaSD, but never purchased from them. It actually scares me to look at my account from some of these vendors. Lol... I have bought a lot. I’m not sure how reliable shipping is these days. It’s been a while since I’ve ordered live stock. Every single bit of my livestock was ordered on line. Fish, corals, nems, cuc, etc.. Local fish stores suck in a major way in my area. Bummer.

Last edited:

Dw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here in Canada, my go to is Fragbox Corals

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hope this helps! Maryland didn’t have a lot of stores that stayed in business very long while I lived there unfortunately.

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some great names mentioned here and I’ve purchased from almost all of them. However, for me by a country mile it is Living Reef Orlando. Everything I have ever gotten has far exceeded expectations and looked as good or better in person than on the website. Best of class service and they don’t sell nubs either!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHEN YOU FIRST STARTED REEFING, WAS EASIER OR HARDER THAN YOU EXPECTED?

• It was easier than expected!

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • It was harder than expected.

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • It was exactly what I expected.

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back