Black Bugs?

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok perfect. Thanks you!
The reason I didn't link it initially is because you want to buy the right size for your tank. There are small/med/large which dictates how much of the actual underlying medication is in it. The rest of the pill is a filler that's tasty to dogs (and reef safe)

OP
OP
gspeed124

gspeed124

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The reason I didn't link it initially is because you want to buy the right size for your tank. There are small/med/large which dictates how much of the actual underlying medication is in it. The rest of the pill is a filler that's tasty to dogs (and reef safe)
Ok my tank is 80 gallons so ill get the large and cut it up. Would you do 3x the dosage or just stick with 1x

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I had zero crab and snail deaths. Shrimps, I'd remove. I kept my skimmer on, just turned it down a bit and it was fine. Carbon and UV off. You only need to dose/treat 1x/wk for 3 weeks. No need to scale the treatment e ery 8 hours and no need for water changes. Imo these are the old instructions. People have treated 1x/wk with interceptor at 3x the recommended levels without issue, and no water changes.
Every tank will treat differently and im giving the precautions.

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok my tank is 80 gallons so ill get the large and cut it up. Would you do 3x the dosage or just stick with 1x
I treated 265g with a single large pill. The package comes with 3 of them, so for me, 3 pills treated 3 weeks. Use this calculator to figure out which pill to buy (be sure to use total water volume and not just display size)-

Back