Bubble tip attached in the first spot I put him

LordClownFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put this guy here thinking he would like it, first try and he's a happy dude. Love this spot for him, little cave behind him and the light hits perfect. 20240917_120246.jpg 20240917_135445.jpg

Last edited:

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow, I heard they move over night usually? I woke up this morning and he expanded himself further into the spot, he's like 5x his size when I got him, it's insane.
They do. In my last tank, mine moved to where it liked the lighting and flow (when I had lights on and was at work) and stayed there. Can't remember exactly what kind it was. I got lucky in that it it chose the front of the tank about half way up. It hosted my Maroon Clown for years.

WalkerLovesTheOcean

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow, I heard they move over night usually? I woke up this morning and he expanded himself further into the spot, he's like 5x his size when I got him, it's insane.
Yes it's most common for them to move overnight but it could also take a few days.

OP
OP
LordClownFish

LordClownFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it's most common for them to move overnight but it could also take a few days.
My guy you jinxed me lol he moved, and he's gone, no pieces floating, pumps are covered. I am concerned he went through the back of the Biocube but he's not in the first chamber and that's the only spot he could hide. I'm at a loss right now and terrified he's going to die somewhere. Been looking for 3 hours zzzzz

OP
OP
LordClownFish

LordClownFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought he was wanting to move too, because he was hanging halfway out last night, stayed up till 3 and he must have moved after

Attachments

• 20240918_004003.jpg
    20240918_004003.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 11

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it a couple of weeks to settle in. During that time it way wander all over the tank -- it's probably doing that right now even though you can't see it.

OP
OP
LordClownFish

LordClownFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad update, he cut a leg off and ran somewhere or dead completely. I have no idea how as I have a wavemaker that's supposed to be nem proof and a powerhead with a nem guard. I'm hoping he's alive and hiding somewhere, the worst part is I have to leave for business for 2 weeks and my system won't be able to handle the ammonia spike if he dies. Any suggestions? I'm crying on the inside right now as my tank is 6 months old and he's my first anenome, I thought I was taking correct precautions

BryanM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad update, he cut a leg off and ran somewhere or dead completely. I have no idea how as I have a wavemaker that's supposed to be nem proof and a powerhead with a nem guard. I'm hoping he's alive and hiding somewhere, the worst part is I have to leave for business for 2 weeks and my system won't be able to handle the ammonia spike if he dies. Any suggestions? I'm crying on the inside right now as my tank is 6 months old and he's my first anenome, I thought I was taking correct precautions
My understanding is for mature tanks it should handle the amonia spike.

That said, my nem split in to two within 24 hrs. When it's not showing off, or when it is at night, one of them can get so small it is very hard to see.

All most of us can tell you is that nems to nem things, they move a lot initially.... could be hiding somewhere, doesn't like light or flow.... Could be he did suicide, but I'd think you'd be able to semi verify that by checking your ammonia levels right now, assuming you knew you were near zero prior.

While I've wanted to search for a goby and a wrasse the last few weeks, I hate disturbing the tank, the rocks, etc. So I just haven't searched. They are both either long dead, or very shy and stealthy.

OP
OP
LordClownFish

LordClownFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is for mature tanks it should handle the amonia spike.

That said, my nem split in to two within 24 hrs. When it's not showing off, or when it is at night, one of them can get so small it is very hard to see.

All most of us can tell you is that nems to nem things, they move a lot initially.... could be hiding somewhere, doesn't like light or flow.... Could be he did suicide, but I'd think you'd be able to semi verify that by checking your ammonia levels right now, assuming you knew you were near zero prior.

While I've wanted to search for a goby and a wrasse the last few weeks, I hate disturbing the tank, the rocks, etc. So I just haven't searched. They are both either long dead, or very shy and stealthy.
I see, here's the piece I found of him. The first thing I did, once I found the piece, was check the ammonia. It's at zero. But I also have a pretty large piece of Chaeto growing in the back of my tank. I'm just worried about when he really starts decomposing, if he is in fact dead. I typically manually dose, but I did buy a dose pump while I was going to be on vacation. I wonder if I should put some type of ammonia remover inside the doser instead. I can control remotely while I'm gone, and make it dose 1 ml per minute and turn off remotely.

Attachments

• 20240919_141909.jpg
    20240919_141909.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1

IS YOUR REEF AUTOMATED? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes, my tank is almost fully automated.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Yes, I have some automation in my tank.

Votes: 36 38.3%
  • Yes, but I have very little automation in my tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • No, I have no automation in my tank.

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back