Cabinet Space in new build

kornface13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a pretty new reefer, about to build my second tank, and I'm between the Waterbox Marine X 90 and the Red Sea Reefer 250 G2+. I prefer the Waterbox, except for the fact that the sump takes up the entire cabinet for the most part. With the Red Sea, you have much more space to work in there. Is this an acceptable reason to go Red Sea over Waterbox or am I overthinking it? I'm curious what others think about this, and if anyone has a recommendation to choose instead of either of these.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are going to get opinions on both. Some prefer RedSea and others Waterbox. I've looked at the RedSea tanks in person and love those. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either

Extremeengineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say with all quality considerations being relatively equal IMO, I would prefer a cabinet with storage space. Now my tank is in a LR, and really nowhere nearby to store all of my tank related things, so that probably influences my decision a lot. The inverse is the people that want as much sump room as possible for stuff in the sump lol, also a valid point. I think it's just what you prefer, or see yourself doing in the future under there.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back