Cade Chaos Grimoire

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple nudis come Wednesday for this tank. Might not actually need to get a return nozzle....

Definitely need to get something to wipe down the acrylic because there's all kinds of weird debris lines from filling lol
1000004794.jpg
1000004795.jpg
A paper towel actually works well.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What do we think of bristletooth two spot tang behavior?
Personally like and have had white tail, was a worker,model citizen approx 4-5" many years...:)
@tbrown has a different view... ;)
Not me. I loved my old Blue Eye Kole. Gorgeous fish and mine was very well behaved. He was actually bullied by my old Hawaiian Yellow. He was a cool, gentle fish and always picking at the rocks.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Couple nudis come Wednesday for this tank. Might not actually need to get a return nozzle....

Definitely need to get something to wipe down the acrylic because there's all kinds of weird debris lines from filling lol
1000004794.jpg
1000004795.jpg
I'd get a return nozzle... As low as that return is, that's going to be a lot of water going to the sump if you lose power and don't have a siphon break or check valve.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd get a return nozzle... As low as that return is, that's going to be a lot of water going to the sump if you lose power and don't have a siphon break or check valve.
Eh didn't think about that, good call... I ended up with one of the accidental threaded ships so I need to find something I can thread in or completely replace that part in general with slips.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Eh didn't think about that, good call... I ended up with one of the accidental threaded ships so I need to find something I can thread in or completely replace that part in general with slips.
Oh, that's the 5.6? I don't have a nozzle on mine. I thought that was the new peninsula. I thought it looked smallish. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, that's the 5.6? I don't have a nozzle on mine. I thought that was the new peninsula. I thought it looked smallish. :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Oh oof no it's the little baby tank. But I'm worried about it backflowing into the back chamber and overflowing now. Maybe I'll yank the power and see what happens to test it.

The peninsula has check valves on the return lines. And zero water in it still. :upside-down-face:

But, Cthulhu is in there killing any love bugs that make their way in....

1000004796.jpg

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh oof no it's the little baby tank. But I'm worried about it backflowing into the back chamber and overflowing now. Maybe I'll yank the power and see what happens to test it.

The peninsula has check valves on the return lines. And zero water in it still. :upside-down-face:

But, Cthulhu is in there killing any love bugs that make their way in....

1000004796.jpg
It can't overflow the back chamber. It'll equalize through the weirs and the return.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Brs and swa also have threaded loc line that I used with a nozzle. Couple bucks.
Mine had threads on the wrong side so the return has to be slip instead of threaded.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at minis on asd since I have a delivery pending from them already I could add to :thinking-face:

I don't like them for zoas though, I don't trust them since the spider outbreak.

Wanted to check unique but apparently their server has been down since yesterday (according to their fb).

Any good zoa vendor recs?

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at minis on asd since I have a delivery pending from them already I could add to :thinking-face:

I don't like them for zoas though, I don't trust them since the spider outbreak.

Wanted to check unique but apparently their server has been down since yesterday (according to their fb).

I like cherry corals.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Cherry is good, never purchased their Zoas. Riptide supplies most of my non-local Zoa purchases.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@steveschuerger said zoanthids has a sale tomorrow

I never heard complaints on them
Maybe I'll peek, I'm not in a rush. I've heard good things about them too and totally forgot they existed somehow

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like unique set up a temporary solution while the server is down too so I can see if they have anything fun. I've gotten good mix colonies of crazy stuff from them in the past. Sometimes I'm lucky.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Migraine finally gone - it POURED last night and we had a crazy thunderstorm with it, that finally broke it.

Cleaned the house, made some desserts, got people coming over for a bbq.

Ready to get my tanks under control.... well, that means ready to clear aiptasia from the cube and pico and ready to get the peninsula set up :rolleyes: Wednesday is the delivery for crowd control and there's still not an official eta on filling up the peninsula. Really need to sort out the lighting mounting situation beforehand so that we don't run the risk of needing to move a full tank. The holdup on light mount is getting the garage workable - we're getting there.

DOES TANK SIZE MATTER WHEN TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR REEF?

• Yes, the environment in smaller tanks is harder to maintain.

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Yes, the environment in larger tank is harder to maintain.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reef environments are hard to maintain no matter the size of the tank.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • You have problems maintaining your reef's environment? Noob.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 3 10.0%
Back