OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the rate my water produces I'll be "filling" for a week.... can't wait.
Yeah I'm currently running to UPS to do an Amazon return, we'll see how full it gets while I'm gone. This might be a multi-day process here as well

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to run to Lowe's today to pick up some furring strips for something for work and make a copy of a key - when I do that I'm also picking up some eggcrate to put on the bottom under the rock (yes, I'll sand it down to protect my wrasse!)

I need to order some stuff I guess to help facilitate cycling? I wonder how much I'll really need to boost that w/ the liverock going in :thinking-face:

My situation with the cube was hellacious, but I didn't have any issues going from the 20 to the 90 or the 90 to the 120...

I don't recall doing anything special anytime EXCEPT the cube - and that's the only time I had a problem.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to run to Lowe's today to pick up some furring strips for something for work and make a copy of a key - when I do that I'm also picking up some eggcrate to put on the bottom under the rock (yes, I'll sand it down to protect my wrasse!)

I need to order some stuff I guess to help facilitate cycling? I wonder how much I'll really need to boost that w/ the liverock going in :thinking-face:

My situation with the cube was hellacious, but I didn't have any issues going from the 20 to the 90 or the 90 to the 120...

I don't recall doing anything special anytime EXCEPT the cube - and that's the only time I had a problem.
lol I cycled mine with a shrimp.

I went to the local grocer and said “I need one shrimp, how much will that be?” And got the strangest look by the kid behind the counter.

“Uhm…. Just take it. Here.” :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I cycled mine with a shrimp.

I went to the local grocer and said “I need one shrimp, how much will that be?” And got the strangest look by the kid behind the counter.

“Uhm…. Just take it. Here.” :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I love this :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I'm pretty sure I did a pinch of fish food or something when I upgraded from the 20 to the 90. That tank was almost all dry rock. Found out 3 days later the shrimp and a fish had hitchhiked over on one of the few live pieces I moved. Said screw it and moved everyone else.

The 90 to the 120 was all the rock moving over and I think about half the water, that was cake. Everyone went in same day.

The cube I moved a ton of water over and used the cycling kit I was shipped with it and just had nothing but problems.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was fritz cycling stuff I got w/ the cube to start that up - will not be buying that again.

I've used pns bacteria in the past with success, looking at order history dates I may have bought some of that to boost when I went from the 20 to the 90 and when I went from the 90 to the 120, so I think I'll buy a bottle of that again.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see water going in the new tank!!! pics or it didn't happen ;)

1726762870551.png

It's just over 2 inches now though

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting there! Just don’t forget it’s going and come back in like three days lol.
Luckily the hose is running across the house as a trip hazard

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you get to cherry pick at tbs ?
No, you meet them somewhere else. They emailed me saying the 5th and I said try again. I can't do Saturdays in general. No response for hours....

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I might have to get my rock elsewhere. I thought it was going to be easier to do pickup since they're local but they only do specific days apparently and aren't responding to my emails now? I didn't see the giant orange banner that's on the site now saying 10/5 and 10/25 or I would have reached out to them before the order to ask if there's option for other days or not. If I don't hear a response by tomorrow I guess I'll have to follow dispute paths. I told them if they can only do Fridays/Saturdays to refund me instead. I have a feeling this is going to be a battle.

Today has been a trashcan of events. Every piece of what should have been a simple trip to Lowes made me want to rip my eyes out. I got yelled at by a man who almost ran into me, the self serve key machine was broken and when I asked the employee at the door where the employee key kiosk was she acted like I was an idiot for not knowing... when I got to the employee key kiosk the man barked "what do you want" at me, I said I needed a key made and the other kiosk wasn't working, he just stood there and stared at me. I held the key out to him, he continued to stare, I said "am I not at the right place?" he said "i'm just trying to figure out whats going on with you...." i said "oookayyy" and he then followed up with "your legs" I said "yep... they're tattoos...." then he took the key and made the copy and didn't say another word to me, even in response to me saying thanks. I tried to do self checkout, barcode invalid, I go wait in the only line open and man in front of me has multiple items without barcodes at all. I get up there, the girl questions my single item, i say yep just needed a key made. "are you sure?" yes... this is all i need. "really?" I finally said "Do you need me to buy a candybar or something? Am I messing up some kind of quota with only 1 item?" she then scanned my key, and said "hope you dont mind me saying this but your nails look like werewolf nails" I said okay. She is just staring at me. I said "can I please just pay for my one item and leave? what is this..." and she finally totaled me out.

What is happening?

I'm frustrated with the rock stuff. I feel like everything about this tank has been roadblock after roadblock. I just want it to be up and running but nothing else in the world seems to agree with that.

Oh, and when placing the order to begin with, Paypal tried to charge me nearly $80 more than their website said. If I paid by entering my card info on their site it was the same price though. That felt sketchy.

IS YOUR REEF AUTOMATED? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes, my tank is almost fully automated.

Votes: 23 23.5%
  • Yes, I have some automation in my tank.

Votes: 37 37.8%
  • Yes, but I have very little automation in my tank.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • No, I have no automation in my tank.

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back