danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks delicious!

I'm trying to figure out how much sand I need... How many pounds did you use for your footprint? I used one of the "sand calculators" and it said 220# for me (at 2" deep), that sounds like twice the amount I'd need, right?
I bought 129lbs (don't ask) and then plugged it into a calculator afterwards and it claims it'll be between 1.4 and 1.6 inches if leveled out across the tank. My ground footprint is 59x29.5

Looks pretty accurate so far, but I don't know how even everything is in there right now. I already knew I was going to be pulling away from the center some to put in the rock so I didn't go too deep to begin with, I figure I'll add more if I need to later.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve missed quite a bit! Why the new tank? What is the new tank?
I moved, downsized into a cube for the move.

Bought a cade 1500 s2/p and slacked for about 9 months on progressing with it. Finally started this week.

Once this is ready to go fully I'm moving my livestock from the cube into it and turning the cube into a seahorse/pipefish/garden eel tank

EliMelly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I moved, downsized into a cube for the move.

Bought a cade 1500 s2/p and slacked for about 9 months on progressing with it. Finally started this week.

Once this is ready to go fully I'm moving my livestock from the cube into it and turning the cube into a seahorse/pipefish/garden eel tank
How exciting! How many gallons is the 1500? I’ve been considering a garden eel tank but it seems like a lot of work!

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another calculator tried to tell me I'd need close to 2x this much and I knew from experience that was going to be way too much.
yeah, brs's calculator said 220 lbs, your link says 109.5 lbs.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back