Calcium reactor feed pump CRTT deltec

devocole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the CRTT automatic calcium reactor by Deltec is a slick rig. Everything is great except they used a Jebao feed pump that fails. They are not supplying that pump anymore. Instead they are offering a new pump that requires the entire controller to be replaced as well. This is kind of like replacing the engine of a mercedes because the faulty muffler is Chinese. I attached pic of the feed pump, i cannot source it. And I'm not clever at Watts, DC, volts etc. Would the Axis AI 20 centrifugal pump work I attached the specs after? Please advise.

Thankyou

Jebao.png AI2.png AI.png

Toky916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
D

devocole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still waiting to hear how to fix the situation and if its under warranty. They don't even have stock of the needed parts in North America right now. I've gone to 2 part dosing in the meantime. Any little shift in parameters affects the tank. Things aren't the same. Really sucks.

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's aggravating. I stocked up on replacement pumps... cause I had a feeling.

I wonder if you could use the original controller to activate a relay - then use whatever pump you want.

OP
OP
D

devocole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were quite clear that if were to retrofit anything, any warranty would be void. If I wait this long to only find out they aren't going to help me out. It will be quite a waste. I wish I would have had that foresight. I have a back up equipment for almost everything else. At this point I have no reason to rush anything.

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the warranty anyway? So far... I have had to purchase all worn out parts. I suspect if the body cracked they would get me a new one... so long as I paid the shipping?

steveweast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the exact same situation. My feed pump failed last week and I got the same spiel saying that the only solution was to replace the controller with a matching return pump for $400. And….the replacement parts still will not be available for 6 weeks plus.

steveweast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My feed pump has a manufacture date sticker of 2021…..so, only three years old yet obsolete. In my emails with Deltec, they asked if my pump was version 1 or version 2 which should be listed on the pump. I sent them a pic since I could not see and version number. They responded that mine was even older version that is really obsolete. Apparently Deltec changes pumps more than I change socks.

Attachments

• IMG_5348.jpeg
    IMG_5348.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5347.jpeg
    IMG_5347.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 7

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So aggravating. I had skimmers that were dependent on highly specific pumps... which became obsolete.. GRRRRR!!!

If it's me, I'm rigging up another DC pump and seeing what happens. If you break the controller - so what - you would have had to buy a new one anyway.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

devocole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Idea what the warranty is. Or if they will cover it. This is a matter of a design flaw. Will they admit to the design flaw that has left us stranded, or make us pay way above what is necessary to remedy a 20 dollar pump. Replacing the computer for a 20 dollar pump is not my problem. I will buy 3 pumps if they provide them. But spending over $1000 for a pump issue is not acceptable.

OP
OP
D

devocole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Idea what the warranty is. Or if they will cover it. This is a matter of a design flaw. Will they admit to the design flaw that has left us stranded, or make us pay way above what is necessary to remedy a 20 dollar pump. Replacing the computer for a 20 dollar pump is not my problem. I will buy 3 pumps if they provide them. But spending over $1000 for a pump issue is not acceptable.
I have lost 3000$ in high end corals due to my challenge in switching to two part and remembering to constantly balance salinity now. Right now I have two collector pieces ailing that are 4000 total. They don't even have parts to buy right now. Its very disheartening.

steveweast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried hooking up a current market Jebao pump that had the same specs but it didn’t work. I found what looks to be an exact CRTT replacement on a French website but with shipping here, it would be about $200…..and maybe that one is still a later version than mine. I’m just relying most on Kalk until this is resolved.

Toky916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still waiting to hear how to fix the situation and if its under warranty. They don't even have stock of the needed parts in North America right now. I've gone to 2 part dosing in the meantime. Any little shift in parameters affects the tank. Things aren't the same. Really sucks.
Yeah talk about product support! The said they won’t stock the old pumps.
This is the email they sent me yesterday. Completely unacceptable imo!
My pump failed and now I’m just SOL!

will explain your options regarding a Deltec sourced feed pump for your CRTT.

We no longer sell the 1.2v of the feed pump since the upgrade. This is why it is permanently out of stock.

The 1.3v feed pump must be used with the new 1.3v controller since the electronics of the pump have been moved to the controller housing to prevent overheating. The retail disparity between the pump as an individual item, and the controller with it would go from $80 to a $400 purchase.

It is likely you still have the 1.2v since this was a recent change.

I am sure there are pumps with similar specifications that can replace the 1.2v but I simply do not have anything other than the incoming 1.3v and controller 1.3v to provide. Jebao made our previous versions so they could likely help with finding a similarly rated pump.

I have a shipment from our manufacturer expected to arrive in 6-8 weeks that will include the upgraded equipment. I can add you to the list if you would like.

Toky916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were quite clear that if were to retrofit anything, any warranty would be void. If I wait this long to only find out they aren't going to help me out. It will be quite a waste. I wish I would have had that foresight. I have a back up equipment for almost everything else. At this point I have no reason to rush anything.
Eh at this point the warranty is pointless it’s only for the controller really.

Yeah same I just lost bunch of coral also due to this reactor! Definitely leaving a sour taste to ever buy Deltec products again.

shblink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes! I thought I was the only one with this issue! I'm in the same boat, my Jebao DC-650 just died and I'm unable to find a replacement. I just emailed them asking if they know the wattage that the CRTT controller will support, because I've been able to find 12W DC pumps. I believe the DC-650 was 8W.

Toky916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes! I thought I was the only one with this issue! I'm in the same boat, my Jebao DC-650 just died and I'm unable to find a replacement. I just emailed them asking if they know the wattage that the CRTT controller will support, because I've been able to find 12W DC pumps. I believe the DC-650 was 8W.
Yeah mine bit the dust today but was on and off this last two weeks. Who are you talking to with CS?

This is the new reply I received.

I have reached out to our manufacturer and are working towards a reasonable solution for replacement. I have asked for the power specs for the controller as well. I should reiterate that it is not allowable for me to recommend outsourcing since the CRTT is a unique system.

I do however know the importance of restoring functionality to your unit, and more specifically because you purchased this unit from us a year ago.

I am hoping to resolve the complications quickly. I will update you promptly.

Talk soon.

Toky916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My feed pump has a manufacture date sticker of 2021…..so, only three years old yet obsolete. In my emails with Deltec, they asked if my pump was version 1 or version 2 which should be listed on the pump. I sent them a pic since I could not see and version number. They responded that mine was even older version that is really obsolete. Apparently Deltec changes pumps more than I change socks.
Yeah, the whole changing pumps every year at this point is pretty ridiculous!

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • My coral

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back