Canada, flukes treatment

SOGavity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently quarantined two new fish for 8 weeks. I did a copper treatment then a hypo salinity treatment. Three days into being in my display tank, my yellow striped blenny started flashing, particulatily around his gills. I moved him to quarantine this morning and feel aweful that I have no way to help him. Here in Canada it is well known that getting any treatments are impossible. So I did a quick freshwater dip and did notice little white flecks coming off the blenny. Only like three though. They were hard to see, so i might be wrong. Could have been sand. He's also not eating and looking pretty skinny.

There has got to be something in Canada I can use. Any help would be grately apreciated.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please describe your quarantine details and provide some white light photos and a YouTube video?

sck90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently quarantined two new fish for 8 weeks. I did a copper treatment then a hypo salinity treatment. Three days into being in my display tank, my yellow striped blenny started flashing, particulatily around his gills. I moved him to quarantine this morning and feel aweful that I have no way to help him. Here in Canada it is well known that getting any treatments are impossible. So I did a quick freshwater dip and did notice little white flecks coming off the blenny. Only like three though. They were hard to see, so i might be wrong. Could have been sand. He's also not eating and looking pretty skinny.

There has got to be something in Canada I can use. Any help would be grately apreciated.
Hyposalinity works well to treat flukes. How long was the hyposalinity maintained ? What salinity value, and measured with what instrument ?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

Canada is always a challenge for meds. I do know you have access to Ruby rally pro and believe you can get Prazi which is best at pets drug mart in Ontario and also check with Canadian fish mart also in Ontario

TOP 10 Trending Threads

ASSUME MONEY AND TIME ARE NOT A FACTOR: IF YOU COULD START OVER WITH YOUR TANK, WOULD YOU?

• Yes. I would love a fresh start.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • Maybe. At times I wish I could start fresh, while other times I'm happy where I'm at.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • No. I'm happy with where I'm at in my reefing journey.

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 8 9.5%
Back