Fish heavy breathing

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given what transpired, I suspect that a massive algae die-off or something toxic from the sand bed that sucked out the oxygen in the water; therefore, fish couldn’t breathe and died? Again, I’m not a fish medic - just sharing possible causes if that’s all you did.

I would clean up the tank and if you suspect any parasites (doesn’t seem to be) go fallow and slowly put fish back in later?

Good luck with your recovery.

OP
OP
clownfish_reefer

clownfish_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given what transpired, I suspect that a massive algae die-off or something toxic from the sand bed that sucked out the oxygen in the water; therefore, fish couldn’t breathe and died? Again, I’m not a fish medic - just sharing possible causes if that’s all you did.

I would clean up the tank and if you suspect any parasites (doesn’t seem to be) go fallow and slowly put fish back in later?

Good luck with your recovery.
Just gonna try to keep the tank clean and focus on corals for now. Maybe later down the road add a few fish but I wanna take it slow. Thank you for the help!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

ASSUME MONEY AND TIME ARE NOT A FACTOR: IF YOU COULD START OVER WITH YOUR TANK, WOULD YOU?

• Yes. I would love a fresh start.

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Maybe. At times I wish I could start fresh, while other times I'm happy where I'm at.

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • No. I'm happy with where I'm at in my reefing journey.

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 7 11.3%
Back