OP
S

sck90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see any clear evidence of UNWD, but why do you have all that eggcrate in the tank? The openings are just the wrong size for these types of wrasse - they can get really banged up if they get startled and run into them. the eggcrate on the bottom can hide uneaten food....
Thanks for the response.

I didnt have all this eggcrate at the beginning of the quarantine period. But the glass of this little tank almost acts as a mirror and the fish seemed to freak a little when seeing their reflection on the bottom. Also, they were disoriented when trying to feed (they were chasing a mysis reflection through the glass instead of the mysis in the water column. So I thought the eggcrate walls and floor were a good idea... Maybe I should take it out, I dont know...

BTW, the Carpenter's is now way better. Swimming around and eating a little bit.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response.

I didnt have all this eggcrate at the beginning of the quarantine period. But the glass of this little tank almost acts as a mirror and the fish seemed to freak a little when seeing their reflection on the bottom. Also, they were disoriented when trying to feed (they were chasing a mysis reflection through the glass instead of the mysis in the water column. So I thought the eggcrate walls and floor were a good idea... Maybe I should take it out, I dont know...

BTW, the Carpenter's is now way better. Swimming around and eating a little bit.
You could try two tricks; covering the outside of the tank with black construction paper and making the tank dimmer inside.

I just hate eggcrate - it damages so many fish. Black plastic nitex screen is softer and easier to work with, but I don’t think it is available except in large rolls.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW ARE YOUR CORALS DOING TODAY? HONEST ANSWERS ONLY!

• Everything seems to be doing great!

Votes: 41 20.4%
  • Almost everything is doing good!

Votes: 65 32.3%
  • Some are doing good, others not so much...

Votes: 50 24.9%
  • They're okay, I guess.

Votes: 20 10.0%
  • They're not doing too well right now.

Votes: 15 7.5%
  • Not good at all...

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 7 3.5%
Back