Chalices- how long should tank be established before adding

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea thats what I have read. I never had a chalice coral and they are so cool looking. I had no idea they liked low light because they look like a coral that wants high light.
Should be fine at any time.. chalice are classified as LPs and most LPs besides torches and hammers like lower lighting and flow.

OP
OP
ChrisfromBrick

ChrisfromBrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine at any time.. chalice are classified as LPs and most LPs besides torches and hammers like lower lighting and flow.
I just looked that up and realized I posted this in SPS. My bad. I had no idea that they were LPS. Aren't they just a stony coral with no moving polyps?

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SPS/LPS - Chalices are great corals!

1718130878915.jpeg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked that up and realized I posted this in SPS. My bad. I had no idea that they were LPS. Aren't they just a stony coral with no moving polyps?
Large polyp stony “LPS” small polyp stony “SPS” idk if the classify the chalice as one large polyp or what lol.. hammers, torches octos etc have large heads vs a chalice with small mouths.

bubbgee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told by a supplier that it is encrusting, although I've seen it plate in some colonies online. And it'll take me five years for my dime sized frag to find out lol.

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • My coral

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back