clown has broken heart

Mark3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had these two clown fish for about 10 to 12 years....about a week ago, one disapeared. Now the one left behind is just hanging out in the corner. I have a sad fish...new ones are so small, I think a new little guy would just get killed. I guess a fish can have feelings? Have you seen the show Nemo....

Tinnerito

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had these two clown fish for about 10 to 12 years....about a week ago, one disapeared. Now the one left behind is just hanging out in the corner. I have a sad fish...new ones are so small, I think a new little guy would just get killed. I guess a fish can have feelings? Have you seen the show Nemo....
It'll get over it eventually. I have tanks where I only have one single clownfish, and they give themselves plenty of company. :)

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My condolences it sucks to lose a long time pet. You should be fine to add another clownfish and a lot of places still can get larger clownfish in if you wanted. If the one that is alive is female i would just get a tiny guy and stick em in an acclimation box so the other clown can get used to it first

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen the show Nemo....
Yes it was enjoyable work of fiction that unfortunately caused a lot of hippo tangs deaths (and probably clowns too) because people had no idea of thier care requirments but wanted one after seeing the movie. JMO hearing conversations in the stores and reading a bit.

Did you loose the male or female? That would be the deciding factor for me. If the male is gone and you want a pair you will need to add a tiny one to be sure it's still male. If the female is gone I would probably hold off until I was confident that the male has transitioned to female before adding a small male.

IS YOUR REEF AUTOMATED? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes, my tank is almost fully automated.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Yes, I have some automation in my tank.

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • Yes, but I have very little automation in my tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • No, I have no automation in my tank.

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back