Corals arrived after 4 days shipping - what to do with them?

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like the idea of forcing me to place another order to recoup my losses, but you may be right and there might not be a better compromise.
A full livestock credit minus shipping is par for the course with most reputable vendors if and only if they can fill that order with the exact replacements from which you first desired. If your original request and the vendors inventory fall short of analogous then you should get your cash back.

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not true. Ive never had an issue with fedex and the companies that use them have never had an issue. UPS on the other hand always has an issue with something. And just so you know when customers talk to UPS they blame the seller and tell customers its all up to the seller (as far as being held at a location, delays, ect). I wish companies would use feedback from people and quit defending UPS when there is one issue after another.
I get garbage service from both companies. Fed Ex used to deliver all of my packages 8 miles up the road, the (insert nasty name I can’t type here) that lived at the address always denied receipt and kept my merchandise.

What I love is when USPS (and don’t even talk to me about USPS in GA right now cuz Atlanta is causing crazy delays) give the reason for delay as “property was inaccessible”. And I’m like no. It wasn’t. I don’t have a gate, I don’t have a tree down across the driveway and the dogs live inside. So, you’re lying.

OP
OP
Gribbles

Gribbles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never had UPS give me a reason. However, UPS does owe you your shipping cost back as well as that $100. That will cover your first shipping payment and the monetary payment will cover your next shipping charge.

Why were you delayed so long? 4 days is a lot.

They kind of have the replacement thing and no shipping refund locked down tho.

• We guarantee live arrival. In the unlikely event of a DOA (Dead on Arrival), we will need a clear digital picture within 2 hours of delivery. E-mail the picture/s to [email protected].
  • We do not give refunds. We send replacements and/or give store credit on future orders. We do not cover the shipping costs on replacements.
It was shipped Thursday for Friday delivery. UPS had some issue and didn't deliver until Monday

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get garbage service from both companies. Fed Ex used to deliver all of my packages 8 miles up the road, the (insert nasty name I can’t type here) that lived at the address always denied receipt and kept my merchandise.

What I love is when USPS (and don’t even talk to me about USPS in GA right now cuz Atlanta is causing crazy delays) give the reason for delay as “property was inaccessible”. And I’m like no. It wasn’t. I don’t have a gate, I don’t have a tree down across the driveway and the dogs live inside. So, you’re lying.
Yep sounds like UPS. Their customer service lies to me all the time and tells me “contact the shipper” for any issues. Like how the F would they be able to fix shipping issues? YOU ARE the shipping company!!!

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not your job to try and save anything in decline
Why throw away something that can be saved?

Seems asd has had a major malfunction as of late and simply can't blame it all on the carrier. After reading at least a half dozen of these in the last week it's seems their very reluctant to respond to these threads but can't hide once a vendor feedback is created.
I don't know the vendor (and they could be 100% full of crap passing the blame), but there are some UPS/FEDEX/USPS locations and routes that are just absolutely chronically terrible, be it from incompetence or overload, who knows.

One way or the other - I think I would be ordering from somebody else!

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was shipped Thursday for Friday delivery. UPS had some issue and didn't deliver until Monday
Always order for Monday or Tuesday for Weds delivery. If Friday gets messed up, your livestock will often sit until Monday. Nobody cares, it is just a package to them.

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why throw away something that can be saved?

I don't know the vendor (and they could be 100% full of crap passing the blame), but there are some UPS/FEDEX/USPS locations and routes that are just absolutely chronically terrible, be it from incompetence or overload, who knows.

One way or the other - I think I would be ordering from somebody else!
I order from them all the time. They ship out of San Diego. I generally get my corals in less than 24 hours. This time UPS had a flight delay so it took a full 48 hours.
Agree about not tossing it if it looks salvageable. There’s a difference in trying to let a stressed/beat up coral revive and adopting a horse with a broken leg or tube feeding a goose for four months (I’ve done both lol). The coral just sits in the tank and maybe you target feed it a little extra. There’s literally zero effort.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing I can't really seem to shake is that I'm going to have to spend more money. I don't want to spend more money; I've spent enough as is.
That is the hard part - Spend $75 on shipping for $150 in livestock. Livestock dies, send $75 to replace. So total cost now $300 instead of $225... or eat the $75 wand walk away.

shoedy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw my store that does same day doesn’t ship out on Friday for this specific reason; a single day delay could immediately turn into 4 because there is little or no service on the weekends. I’m not familiar with the shipping routes in the US but maybe it is something to consider

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Store credit for dead livestock is very fair. No one refunds shipping. That is the risk of buying livestock online and well known.

OP
OP
Gribbles

Gribbles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Store credit for dead livestock is very fair. No one refunds shipping. That is the risk of buying livestock online and well known.
I'd beg to differ greatly, there are a number of threads (especially recently) of people in similar situations. "No one refunds shipping" c'mon, don't be naive ... I've had shipping refunded to me before, Dr. Reef has done it, whatever. Don't act like your opinion is absolute.

Not saying it should or should not happen in my case. Am saying I am not in love with the idea of spending more money.

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The thing I can't really seem to shake is that I'm going to have to spend more money. I don't want to spend more money; I've spent enough as is.
They did the same thing to me three times. I finally said no, took the loss and was done. Even this vendor isn't always truthful, IMO.

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd beg to differ greatly, there are a number of threads (especially recently) of people in similar situations. "No one refunds shipping" c'mon, don't be naive ... I've had shipping refunded to me before, Dr. Reef has done it, whatever. Don't act like your opinion is absolute.

Not saying it should or should not happen in my case. Am saying I am not in love with the idea of spending more money.
That is a rare exception then. Dr Reef has not refunded my shipping for a DOA. I'm gonna bow out of this since you want to be confrontational. Your expectations are garbage.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IronyThat is a rare exception then. Dr Reef has not refunded my shipping for a DOA. I'm gonna bow out of this since you want to be confrontational. Your expectations are garbage.
you’re mad that you think this person is being confrontational and then proceed to immediately insult them afterwards.
The irony is palpable
Animated GIF

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The point remains that for any vendors I use, their guarantee, and refund policies are posted for me to read. If I read them and then proceed with an order, have a DOA, they have a responsibility to fulfill the guarantee. If it says replacements are shipped at my expense, I agreed to that when I placed the order.
Now, I see nothing in the DOA policy that says they require you to make another purchase. That would be the hill I’d die on if I didn’t want more corals. Given the wording of the replacement policy, I would think your bank or CC company would likely do a charge back the for the dead corals.
  • We do not give refunds. We send replacements and/or give store credit on future orders. We do not cover the shipping costs on replacements.

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
you’re mad that you think this person is being confrontational and then proceed to immediately insult them afterwards.
The irony is palpable
Animated GIF
Nah I’m not mad. They dragged this simple shipping issue for three pages, tagging the vendor how many times and still complaining after a reasonable resolution was offered. I don’t have time for adults who want to behave like children when told they were offered a reasonable resolution. They can get the ignore button.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:Nah I’m not mad. They dragged this simple shipping issue for three pages, tagging the vendor how many times and still complaining after a reasonable resolution was offered. I don’t have time for adults who want to behave like children when told they were offered a reasonable resolution. They can get the ignore button.
I’m gonna fully disagree with you and side with the OP. You seem to be the one in my eyes acting like a child. Opinions are like buttholes everyone’s got one and they all stink.
Either way, I reported you to the MODS since it’s against the TOS the way you’ve been acting here. Have a great day, and be sure to hit that ignore button for me too.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming in late to this . I’ve had similar situations a couple times with ASD. I’ve taken the replace option each time as it wasn’t their fault UPS was being terrible with what’s supposed to be their bread and butter. That being said, I have been lucky by being a big enough pain, albeit a polite one had them deliver with a late in the day delivery when I told them about live goods and everything would die if left. And I’ve manage to train most of the drivers to ring the bell for both UPS and FedEx. USPS is a WIP for that. I have to admit that I’m a little concerned as I’ve got a couple fish from Reef Beauties coming tomorrow via UPS.

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 57 25.6%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 97 43.5%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 56 25.1%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 13 5.8%
Back