Corals dying :(

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s your test kit saying for nitrate ? Does it matches 37 ppm?

VintageReefer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What model tester

Larger lps like the former Trachy, and the donut coral on the sandbed will do fine on mysis. Smaller mouth coral like favia, will do well on small pellets, crushed up flake food soaked in water, or powder food like benereef or reef roids

VintageReefer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
At this point I don’t know what’s right or wrong as for your values. Icp is only as asccurate as the date of the sample. And your results are not close to the icp results

Your test kits reagents could be expired, fouled (water got in them) who knows.

Can you take a water sample to a LFS to get a third opinion and have them check salinity, nitrate, alkalinity, calcium, phosphate, magnesium

odariel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, and besides that, you need to learn to interpret correctly the readings from an ICP... Your ICP value for nitrate is close to 37ppm, not 0,2 as you stated on your first post. its hard to make any adjustments if you don't really know what reading you are getting...

As @VintageReefer said, Get your water tested today and lets work from there.

VintageReefer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes, and besides that, you need to learn to interpret correctly the readings from an ICP... Your ICP value for nitrate is close to 37ppm, not 0,2 as you stated on your first post. its hard to make any adjustments if you don't really know what reading you are getting...

As @VintageReefer said, Get your water tested today and lets work from there.
And no Petco is not a LFS lol. Please don’t come back tomorrow and say you had petco test the water. Go to a real LFS

Dburr1014

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i haven't calibrated the refractometer …my source water i wale water but passes trough 7 stage reverse osmosis …. Yes filters replace regularly every week…
Well calibrate it and recheck your salinity.

I mean it’s good you’re replacing your filters but THAT often? Why? Is your main supply fouling your filters THAT quickly? Every week is excessive unless you’re generating hundreds of gallons weekly and you can’t keep your TDS down. Doesn’t seem right.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back