DEAD ANEMONE!!??

David Esparza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had ordered this condy anemone on Monday from live aquaria it got here today and when I saw it, it was all floppy and had its mouth opened completely after I drip acclimated for about 45 min I put it in my tank and it’s been there since it hasn’t held on to anything I just put it into a crevice and it just sits there floppy, what’s going on?
C67EC53D-FF56-4A67-B36D-C069E8ABC56A.jpeg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't look good. I'd say there is maybe a bit better than a 50:50 chance it gets better and survives. Most condy anemones are pink, purple or white with pink or purple tips. Yours looks all white.

I'd pull it and keep it in a separate container. Add some flow which will aerate the water and watch it for a day or two. I'd suggest a 50% or more water change every 8 to 12 hours. Dump the old water and pull new water from your tank. Make up new water to replenish the tank.

Good luck.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be tempted to leave it be. It does appear to be bleached out, but moving it will just stress it even more. If it begins to disintegrate at all, remove it before it pollutes the tank. I'd also get a bunch of water ready for a largish water change, and consider running some carbon as well.

The rock looks fairly new. Could you give us a description of your tank? Volume, lighting, flow, age, other inhabitants, and current water parameters, as well as any other pertinent information would be a great help.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

IF YOU HAD A CAREER IN REEF-KEEPING, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING? AND WHY?

• Selling and distributing livestock!

Votes: 53 33.3%
  • Selling and distributing equipment!

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Breeding and Aquaculture!

Votes: 76 47.8%
  • Livestock Disease and Treatment!

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Chemistry!

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • Designing and Maintenance of tanks!

Votes: 31 19.5%
  • Research and Education!

Votes: 38 23.9%
  • Reefing Equipment and Dry Goods Creation and Manufacturing!

Votes: 19 11.9%
  • Conservation!

Votes: 39 24.5%
  • Other (please explain)!

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back