DOS Firmware Upgrade Zeros Liquid Tile

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since upgrading the Apex and the DOS units to the new firm, my Apex tile for showing how much liquid in the containers drops right down to zero after every time the DOS doses. This seems to only happen after using the fill function. As you can see, I have only used the fill function on Kalkwasser and the others are fine at the moment. Every time I select full, it goes back up to full as expected but the next time the DOS doses, it drops to zero again. I will do some more testing and reboot the Apex again but wondering if anyone else has seen this?

Screenshot_20240511_054438.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tested it again by resetting it to full after the DOS has finished it's schedule of kalkwasser dosing during the night and it now remembers its full status and stays full. I suspect as soon as it starts again tonight, it will drop to zero.

I have rebooted the Apex now as well to see if that resolved it. The Apex automaticaly rebooted after it's own firmware upgrade but did not prompt for a reboot after the DOS firmware upgrades so let's see if that helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240511_081048.jpg
    Screenshot_20240511_081048.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 14

VegasReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same results here, even after a DOS firmware update and reboot. What a disappointment!

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This issue is weird. I only have this issue on one doser on one DOS. I have recalibrated and filled up all my dosing containers and as you can see, it is only on the Kalkwasser dose head that I see this issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240511_200009.jpg
    Screenshot_20240511_200009.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 11

VegasReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess were the only two, lol. I think there on to the non DDR users and have change the way the DOS updates the Apex. Oh well. Might be time to look at other controller options.

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess were the only two, lol. I think there on to the non DDR users and have change the way the DOS updates the Apex. Oh well. Might be time to look at other controller options.
I hope this is not the case. It is ridiculous that we have to trick the Apex to display this tile. I don't think they have targetted it as one of my DOS is showing the correct levels. I may see if I can force the update again on the one that is not working and see what happens.

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same results here, even after a DOS firmware update and reboot. What a disappointment!
As a matter of interest, how big are your dosing containers. I am just wondering if the bug is only seen if the dosing container is larger than the DDR's e.g. 2 litres? This is why I am only seeing it on my Kalk doser

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have set my Kalk to only have 1500 capacity and the problem has gone away so looks like a bug in the code for containers over this size orore lickly, the capacity of a DDR. Should be an easy fix for Neptune to resolve.

Screenshot_20240512_064010.jpg

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted the error on the Neptune forums and they have confirmed it is a bug.

"I confirmed this to be a new bug, and have reported it to the firmware development team. It only appears if you have done a fake DDR hack, and the Total Volume is =>3300ml."

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the new firmware that has just been released is going to fix this issue. I will update tonight and report back

"
  • contains updated DŌS module software (version 012), which fixes two issues in the previous DŌS firmware; one which could cause some DŌS to not reconnect to AquaBus, and one that caused the Dual DŌS Reservoir Volume Remain to unexpectely become zero if the DDR Total Volume is set to 3300ml or greater.
"

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just applied it myself and agreed, looks like it has solved the problem. That was a fast turnaround to a problem from the Apex team.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 39 22.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back