Elegance coral question

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed my elegance doesnt look as happy as it was a week ago. Looking closer I found one of my anemone crabs has taken up residence in it. No clue why, theres about 5 rock flower nems but he likes the elegance I guess. Is the crab whats irritating him?

IMG_6541.jpeg IMG_6540.jpeg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
most likely. don't think this to be a regular/ordinary pairing. mine definitely closed up a few of my RFA's whenever it would move around, so i wouldn't be too alarmed unless the elegance shows more signs of stress(losing coloration, shrinking, etc)

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most likely. don't think this to be a regular/ordinary pairing. mine definitely closed up a few of my RFA's whenever it would move around, so i wouldn't be too alarmed unless the elegance shows more signs of stress(losing coloration, shrinking, etc)
Thank you! Yeah I dont know what he is thinking, pulled him off and moved him to a RFA and nope just looked and he is back on my elegance. -.- the flesh looks okay but the tentacles dont seem as long as they should be

Attachments

• IMG_6552.jpeg
    IMG_6552.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 10

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thank you! Yeah I dont know what he is thinking, pulled him off and moved him to a RFA and nope just looked and he is back on my elegance. -.- the flesh looks okay but the tentacles dont seem as long as they should be
my wild guess would've been that it was getting eaten by the elegance, haha. but if you moved it, and it moved back, i would be even less worried than originally!

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my wild guess would've been that it was getting eaten by the elegance, haha. but if you moved it, and it moved back, i would be even less worried than originally!
I thought so too the first time I saw it on there but this dude sits on top of the elegance and filter feeds and is having the time of his life lol I just dont want my elegance to die, I really like it! My favorite coral!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

IS YOUR REEF AUTOMATED? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes, my tank is almost fully automated.

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Yes, I have some automation in my tank.

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Yes, but I have very little automation in my tank.

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • No, I have no automation in my tank.

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back