IMG_2831.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! Sorry this is happening to you.
I see you already have something catching the water. Do you have tubs or anything you can put your rock and livestock in?

OP
OP
FortyFour44

FortyFour44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anybody has a reliable contact at Red Sea, please share. It’s all hands on deck right now. I can’t find anything.

Totroc3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Im sorry this is happening to another reefer. I had the same exact spot go out on my Reefer 250. I used Gorilla tape to temporarily hold it together while I drained it and moved everything. This is insane. I had to replace my 525 right after because I could see the bottom seam separating too.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sorry this is happening to another reefer. I had the same exact spot go out on my Reefer 250. I used Gorilla tape to temporarily hold it together while I drained it and moved everything. This is insane. I had to replace my 525 right after because I could see the bottom seam separating too.
I see them use flex tape on those commercials, would something like this work in a pinch, pop some flex tape over the leak until it can get sorted out? Or are there chemicals in flextape or gorilla tape that can leach into the water?

Danroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these the previous versions of g2 or is it the same generation?

Totroc3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The Gorilla tape I used was on the outside to hold the panels together temporarily so I had enough time to get my fish and corals out. There was no leaching of chemicals. It wasn’t perfect but it slowed the leak to drips while I siphoned water out. I was afraid of the other side splitting so I did both front and side panels. My tank that split open was an older version but my 525 was only 2 years old.

SpyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your biggest fish in that tank? I have seen a trend of RS tanks getting massive leaks like that due to the stocking of larger fauna.
Could you go into more detail on this please? Never heard of this being an issue with these failures. It is always nearly always a poorly designed stand and larger tanks.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are trying to warn red sea tank owners of these split risks but everyone who writes articles won't touch it, it's too hot-button

That's why people don't know until it's too late, sites are quicker to post ads that sell red sea tanks to readers, so calling out an obviously bad production lot goes against click income.

What readers see first and foremost are sales ads not warning ads, those have to come from actually inside the reef trenches. Where there aren't ads. Where the floors are wet

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I promise you we can save everything in tank if you can grab a tote of good size or a whole brute trashcan. Leave the sand

Move over cleaned rocks into matched new water in the tote (temp and salinity)

Reduce lighting

Cover for jump fishes

You will skip cycle your reef as many times as you need successfully.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back