ESHOPPS Mariner 70 Build

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There's like 4 giveaways going right now. I put Tim down for a Skimmer and a fully paid trip to FL for 1000s of corals. What's my payout?
I'm not in for the skimmer and I hoping for a controller - Hydros or Neptune - not the corals.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm hoping for the Nero or the mp10. Think flow is my next big thing
Well I'm rooting for you and all of the other Cronie entries. Lights or controllers are the two I want the most. Corals is cool and I'd love the Florida trip but corals is not what I need.

JoJosReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm rooting for you and all of the other Cronie entries. Lights or controllers are the two I want the most. Corals is cool and I'd love the Florida trip but corals is not what I need.
Second that. I just brought home the tiniest clam ever and a shroom and more zoas. After our coral farmers market next week, there will be zero space for more corals. Passed on a great looking cynarina because just not enough space.

Maybe I need to win a tank!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Second that. I just brought home the tiniest clam ever and a shroom and more zoas. After our coral farmers market next week, there will be zero space for more corals. Passed on a great looking cynarina because just not enough space.

Maybe I need to win a tank!
I'll put in a good word for you on the next tank giveaway. Not that it'll count for much but I'll put in the word!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If my widow ever decides to split I can start my new tank savings acct/drawer. It's as big as a dinner plate now. How are your nems?
They came back up top without any new ones to be seen. 5-6, not sure. I need to Nem Cannon a couple and sell them off but I've been busy with this tank and haven't yet

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What did you win now ?... :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Im late to the party. Gotta throw in my 2 cents.
There's like 4 giveaways going right now. I put Tim down for a Skimmer and a fully paid trip to FL for 1000s of corals. What's my payout?
That would be kinda cool. @tbrown might hunt a few gators.

Florida trip but corals is not what I need.
Nope, it's gators!
Florida Gators Gator GIF by Storyful

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That lid is perfect! Subtle, doesn’t take away from DT
Everyone keeps putting a laughing emoji like I was being sarcastic! I actually did think it was subtle since originally Tim and his true love were discussing a colored/neon option/feature. Too funny - my post was the opposite of a compliment

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They came back up top without any new ones to be seen. 5-6, not sure. I need to Nem Cannon a couple and sell them off but I've been busy with this tank and haven't yet

Do either of you use nem gauards on your power heads? I have the Red Sea gyres and am struggling to find guards that truly fit, stay on and don’t restrict flow significantly. I bought these and while they do go on, the fall off anytime I barely brush; and really restrict flow.

I got some 3-D ones from a fellow reefer, and his were spot on with dimensions and weren’t going anywhere- problem was way too restrictive on flow.

Hope it’s ok to post-bomb your build thread Tim.

Attachments

• IMG_0262.jpeg
    IMG_0262.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 49

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have been meaning to make some flow directors for my Reefwave 45 like I did for the coralvue gyres… once I get that fitment, anemone guards would be no problem.
Think people will buy’em?

Last edited:

JoJosReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The
Do either of you use nem gauards on your power heads? I have the Red Sea gyres and am struggling to find guards that truly fit, stay on and don’t restrict flow significantly. I bought these and while they do go on, the fall off anytime I barely brush; and really restrict flow.

I got some 3-D ones from a fellow reefer, and his were spot on with dimensions and weren’t going anywhere- problem was way too restrictive on flow.

Hope it’s ok to post-bomb your build thread Tim.
The Maxspect gyres come with simple net sleeves. Haven't tried them, and they look less protective than the 3D printed ones, but they might be better for flow.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been meaning to make some flow directors for my Reefwave 45 like I did for the coralvue gyres… once I get that figment anemone guards would be no problem.
Think people will buy’em?
Put me down for 2 please!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The

The Maxspect gyres come with simple net sleeves. Haven't tried them, and they look less protective than the 3D printed ones, but they might be better for flow.
Yes, I’m a bit envious of those gyres overall! I’ll email them, see if they sell them separately and if they might fit the RS 45’s.. thank you,

P.S. do you use any type of guard?

JoJosReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I’m a bit envious of those gyres overall! I’ll email them, see if they sell them separately and if they might fit the RS 45’s.. thank you,

P.S. do you use any type of guard?
No, I did when I had a full size gyre next to Nem Island, but I switched it to the other side. Next gyre I'm going to add on Nem side will be a half sized gyre, so the one half will be out of tentacle distance from Nem Island. There's always the chance they'll go for a walk of course...

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The

...if you are not me and keep them clean. they fill up quickly with gunk.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I did when I had a full size gyre next to Nem Island, but I switched it to the other side. Next gyre I'm going to add on Nem side will be a half sized gyre, so the one half will be out of tentacle distance from Nem Island. There's always the chance they'll go for a walk of course...
Learned a lot in that one paragraph/ thank you!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

IS IT POSSIBLE TO "MASTER" REEFING? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • No.

Votes: 99 56.6%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 11 6.3%
Back