Exactly what disease is this? What treatments to start?

trinityh13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6059.png

I recently got into reef tanks, I just got this clownfish 4 days ago, in the past couple days he has started to act different not swimming as usual and started just wanting to sit at the bottom of the tank. I removed him and put him into another tank I have in a breeder as I’m not sure what he has that’s at his eye and his tail I included a video and picture, I’d also like to know what medication I can do for him. The other fish that were in the tank with him dont seem to have anything on their bodies nor are they acting different and have been in the tank longer than this guy and he was just recently purchased

IMG_6060.png

Attachments

• IMG_6058.mov
    12.4 MB

Duane family

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like your fish has Brooklynella. This acts quick so you need to be fast in starting treatment.

Short term options.
Dip in tank water with Ruby Reef Pro for 90 min at 4ml per 5Lt of water (Note, this is DIP ratio) This is best option if you have or can get Ruby Reef Pro within the next 2 hrs
Formalin dip if you have formalin on hand ( note Ruby Reef Pro has formalin in it )

Long term options.
The fish can be treated with Ruby Reef Pro longterm at the recommended dosage as per the product instructions. ( Advised option )
The fish can be treated with Seachem Metro in the water every 48 hrs

Im going to assume the fish is not eating, if so do not worry about that just treat it asap. My best advice is act fast with the short term options and then begin long term treatment.

Duane family

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have or can get hold of formalin faster the RRP then use this thread as a reference for dosages.

OP
OP
T

trinityh13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like your fish has Brooklynella. This acts quick so you need to be fast in starting treatment.

Short term options.
Dip in tank water with Ruby Reef Pro for 90 min at 4ml per 5Lt of water (Note, this is DIP ratio) This is best option if you have or can get Ruby Reef Pro within the next 2 hrs
Formalin dip if you have formalin on hand ( note Ruby Reef Pro has formalin in it )

Long term options.
The fish can be treated with Ruby Reef Pro longterm at the recommended dosage as per the product instructions. ( Advised option )
The fish can be treated with Seachem Metro in the water every 48 hrs

Im going to assume the fish is not eating, if so do not worry about that just treat it asap. My best advice is act fast with the short term options and then begin long term treatment.
I unfortunately don’t have any and it’s 10pm where I’m at so all stores are closed, I’m also in a smaller town with only 2 fish stores located here. I have some medicines but most are for bacterial issues and then methane blue as that’s usually a dip I use on all fish new coming in. You are correct he is not eating

Duane family

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unfortunately don’t have any and it’s 10pm where I’m at so all stores are closed, I’m also in a smaller town with only 2 fish stores located here. I have some medicines but most are for bacterial issues and then methane blue as that’s usually a dip I use on all fish new coming in. You are correct he is not eating
Understood, yes the MB can work short term use a 5ml per 5gal dose as a dip for 30 min.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
IMG_6059.png

I recently got into reef tanks, I just got this clownfish 4 days ago, in the past couple days he has started to act different not swimming as usual and started just wanting to sit at the bottom of the tank. I removed him and put him into another tank I have in a breeder as I’m not sure what he has that’s at his eye and his tail I included a video and picture, I’d also like to know what medication I can do for him. The other fish that were in the tank with him dont seem to have anything on their bodies nor are they acting different and have been in the tank longer than this guy and he was just recently purchased

IMG_6060.png
I dont see this as brook but rather clown fish bruising often seen in tank raised specimens and either improves or not. Ruby Rally pro often helps but in some cases. It leads to bacterial as in this case. Other treatment would be seachem neoplex

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back