• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted MagDrive assuming internal use. I run one on my skimmer that I never have done anything with.

Uberlastung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used only Jebao DC pumps in couple of my tanks since 2017.

Once, the pump failed in a 3 or 4 years of permanent running with approximately one maintenance per year, but since it costs less then 100$ i have nothing to complain. I can't say that its a Lexus, but definitely Toyota for me.

Last edited:

Doctorgori

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tried two sicce SDC return pumps and both were loud.

Sicce pumps have been my go to for years. The SDC is an amazing value with a 5 year warranty
I’m a big fan of Sicce: I’ve bought many and own a few now, but the wireless app on those SDC’s is a fail. I ended up selling or trashing 3

I own 4 Neptune COR 2ea (15& 30 or whatever)
I’m happy with them so far
Edit: @208reef …why wasn’t Neptune in the list? unpopular?

SpyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a big fan of Sicce: I’ve bought many and own a few now, but the wireless app on those SDC’s is a fail. I ended up selling or trashing 3

I had an AC sicce pump a long time ago and loved it. Going through two SDCs that made my house sound like a LFS fishroom made me no longer believe iin the ‘silence’ of their DC line. Really a shame because they are hefty pumps and I’d prefer supporting Sicxce and their amazing customer support. I do run some of their devices in my water storage containers and for mixing salt.

Eheim was another one I loved a long time ago. Just haven’t picked up a new once since rejoining the hobby a few years ago.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Five Simplicity Pumps running, 1000 and 1600 Models. Not a bit of problems out of any of them. One did Flash a Failure on the Controller. A Snail had got inside the pump. Cleaned the pump and all was good. Love the 10 minute feed features and slow ramp up. Pump shown disassembled, easy to service, every six months.
IMG_3839.jpeg

dank.reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Finally had to replace my 20 year old rio 1500. I accidentally dropped the ceramic shaft and broke it. They just don't make them like they used to.

When I went to the LFS to replace the pump the owner told me he still had several rio pumps running his 30+ year old systems

kevinf

lalalala
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Why is the wifi a fail?

Jamie814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
long term reliable, fairly indestructible, and require minimal maintenance? I'm less concerned about fancy bells & whistles.
A basic AC pump is your best bet if you don't want or need any fancy bells & whistles. They have less failure points with no transformer or control boards to fail. Less prone to damage from power surges or unstable power as well. No startup issues as you can have with lower wattage or DC pumps. A true and tested would be a Eheim 1262. They have been around forever and run forever, easy to install and only one moving part.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back