Experience with Anthias?

cyguyry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if anyone has experience with Anthias. I’ve seen a Lyretail Anthias and would love to get one for my aquarium. Are they schooling or not? I’ve seen many things saying that they are and then a few saying don’t try it. Is it that some types of Anthias are and some are not? Are there any other Anthias that anyone would suggest or has had experience with that would go well with the Lyretail?

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see your in Waynesville, how did your tank do in the hurricane?
We did so much better than many in our area. I had a small portable generator that I used from 7am till 10pm (out of respect for the neighbors). Then after 10pm I have a large battery bank that I use to charge Drone/Photography Equipment when I'm out in the field doing Search & Rescue. We used that to give some flow and heat throughout the night an hour ON and 2 hours off throughout the night. I couldn't run the FULL tank and the dual heaters pulled more juice than the "Bank" could provide so the temps dropped a few times and many (most) of my SPS didn't pull through. A couple of them are showing signs of slow recovery but most are completely white to the core.

All things considered, we did VERY VERY well. The only other loss that I am aware of is a baby Molly that was living in my SUMP that can no longer be found. I spent an hour today just hoping to get a glimpse but "No Joy".

I was just talking to another local reefer (and good friend) and he lost almost everything due to not having power etc. That's gut wrenching.

THANK YOU so much for asking.

Allen in NC

Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back