Feeding Question - Frozen Cube Amount

harlequinfanaticyert

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm having issues feeding my Yellow Clown Goby. I have tried spot feeding, but am deciding to simply increase the amount of food I feed.

I have two small clowns, one yellow goby, 5 hermits and some snails / CUC in a 25g AIO. I go through a single cube of Mysis Shrimp once every 3-4 weeks or so. I am fearful of underfeeding them. I have a lot of live rock and shouldn't have any issues with ammonia. Nitrates and phosphates are a larger concern.

How much of the frozen shrimp would you feed per day for this stock list?

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would feed enough so that it gets consumed in a couple of minutes. I would also feed at least twice a day and a varied diet. You might want to try NLS pellets, formula 1 flake, and another frozen like LRS.

OP
OP
harlequinfanaticyert

harlequinfanaticyert

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would feed enough so that it gets consumed in a couple of minutes. I would also feed at least twice a day and a varied diet. You might want to try NLS pellets, formula 1 flake, and another frozen like LRS.
I'm staying away from dry food to keep phosphates down, I've noticed frozen to produce significantly less

Will note other foods

Mr. Mojo Rising

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only mysis and nothing else is not very nutritional in the long run. Please consider to feed the fish more often and more varied diet. I feed my clown gobies 3 times a day, mysis, brine, reef frenzy, and occassionally pellets. Pellets are loaded with vitamins and minerals for the fish

betareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two small clowns, one yellow goby, 5 hermits and some snails / CUC in a 25g AIO. I go through a single cube of Mysis Shrimp once every 3-4 weeks or so. I am fearful of underfeeding them.

I used to have a similar setup. Of course, the size of cubes of food may vary, but I used about one cube per week.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back