First Salt Tank, suggestions on stocking?

GothFishKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just set up my first saltwater tank, it’s the 13.5g Fluval Evo. I plan on getting a much bigger tank in the future when my living arrangements are different. Not including the space the rock takes up, I have exactly 10g of water in the tank. I have two orange skunk clowns in there, and I plan on getting the pygmy wasp from the lfs I work at after cycling is complete. I’m looking for suggestions as to what one other thing I can/should put in there. The wasp is friendly and docile in store, always comes up to me for feeding, and shares the bottom of the 15g tank he’s in right now with a diamond goby without any issues. I’m looking for something that only reaches 3 inches max, and that isn’t too aggressive but still totally ******. Doesn’t matter how rare it might be to find because I can request things to be ordered by the store I work at and they typically can find just about anything. In fact, the more unique the better.
First 3 pics are of my rock setup, last 2 pics are my clowns.
Thanks!!
IMG_7571.jpeg

IMG_7572.jpeg

IMG_7573.jpeg

IMG_7794.jpeg

IMG_7848.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is going to be too small for any other additions. Clowns are usually recommended for tank 20g and up. This partly due to the fact that clowns are complete jerks.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum!
Skunks are a bit more laid back so it might give you some wiggle room, but I’d agree you’re capped with the clowns. My occy pair will kill anything near their tank.
The waspfish is not an easy fish to keep alive in my experience. Definitely not a beginner fish. Mine would eat exclusively live ghost shrimp despite months of trying to get him on other foods, and eventually decided he didn’t like that anymore either. That was in a 40B with plenty of natural live foods as well. The last thing you want to do is buy a $150 fish that either starves to death or is killed by the clowns.

OP
OP
GothFishKeeper

GothFishKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum!
Skunks are a bit more laid back so it might give you some wiggle room, but I’d agree you’re capped with the clowns. My occy pair will kill anything near their tank.
The waspfish is not an easy fish to keep alive in my experience. Definitely not a beginner fish. Mine would eat exclusively live ghost shrimp despite months of trying to get him on other foods, and eventually decided he didn’t like that anymore either. That was in a 40B with plenty of natural live foods as well. The last thing you want to do is buy a $150 fish that either starves to death or is killed by the clowns.
Thanks for the info! I don’t believe feeding will be an issue for my wasp though, I feed him frozen brine at work every day and he takes it with no issues.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back