Help with Lighting 4x2 Frag Tank

BillB83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello !

I need a little advice for lighting a frag tank that will net me the fastest coral growth. I have been told that T5s are the best lighting for this because not only are they cheaper to setup they will net the best growth which is what you want in a frag tank.

I have a smaller tank setup now with some t5s on it and i have not noticed this at all. I noticed that my corals seem much happier and grow faster under LEDs than they do the T5s.

I could be wrong but its just what it looks like to me. If you were setting up a new 4x2 frag tank what would you do for lighting on a budget ? Tank is a lowboy so its nice and shallow for easy par.

Mainly Soft / LPS not looking to grow a bunch of SPS now

Thanks

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a kessil AP9x on my 4X2 lowboy frag tank, everything grows better there than in my display. Depends on your budget and what specifically you want to grow. It will easily grow any coral in a shallow frag tank, and there is evidence of superior coral color development yielded by kessil lighting (video link below, see 4:00 specifically)

1728330718656.png

1728330698264.png

vandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve had luck with Reefbreeder Photons, T5s, xr15s and now I’m running a T5 hybrid with 2 xr15s. Many ways to skin a dead cat depending on your budget

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back