Huff’s 750XXL

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want one of those stands. I have an estimate here that I'm looking at. The stand costs more than my tank. LOL
But it's looking like it would be a dream to work with. How solid is it? Can you sit on it and rock without any kind of flex or deflection?

OP
OP
Huff747

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I want one of those stands. I have an estimate here that I'm looking at. The stand costs more than my tank. LOL
But it's looking like it would be a dream to work with. How solid is it? Can you sit on it and rock without any kind of flex or deflection?
Sorry, apparently I don't get notifications on my own build thread. Or I missed them. It's very solid. I'm not small and it doesn't even shimmy a little. Being a dream to work with is part of the reason the tank still isn't on it. I've got a drawer coming for the right side and then I'm going to build a controller board under where the drawer slides out.

OP
OP
Huff747

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you back up and going? I remember seeing that display when I bought some frags from you a year or two back. It was stunning.
Not yet. I need a weekend where I actually have time to work on making the controller board for one side. Also waiting on a drawer to come in for that side. Figured it would be better to order one than try to make one myself. Maybe after fall sports slow down I can get some time. For the most part stuff seems to be doing well in the rubbermaids but I also need to build some new rock structures for the display. Not all the rock is going back in it

michealprater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet. I need a weekend where I actually have time to work on making the controller board for one side. Also waiting on a drawer to come in for that side. Figured it would be better to order one than try to make one myself. Maybe after fall sports slow down I can get some time. For the most part stuff seems to be doing well in the rubbermaids but I also need to build some new rock structures for the display. Not all the rock is going back in it
I maybe in the market for some rock as I am upgrading to a larger tank soon.

OP
OP
Huff747

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Took a few pictures from the temporary setup. Not the greatest because I didn’t use my floater box so the surface messed up a few but thought these turned out well enough to post

IMG_5854.jpeg
IMG_5848.jpeg
IMG_5810.jpeg
IMG_5802.jpeg

OP
OP
Huff747

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New Chicago Sunburst (actually 2 in there) that I got from a local reefer today:
Screenshot 2023-10-21 at 12.05.31 PM.png

And a comparison to the rainbows I have already:
Screenshot 2023-10-21 at 11.59.25 AM.png

And my jellybean chalice frag has started growing (green ring):
Screenshot 2023-10-21 at 11.59.49 AM.png

michealprater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you have better luck than I did, IME the rainbows will kill the sunburst. I was warned when I did it and I didn’t listen. It was a costly mistake. They did fine for a couple months, it’s chemical warfare, so it’s not a fast process. Just a heads up.

OP
OP
Huff747

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hope you have better luck than I did, IME the rainbows will kill the sunburst. I was warned when I did it and I didn’t listen. It was a costly mistake. They did fine for a couple months, it’s chemical warfare, so it’s not a fast process. Just a heads up.
I can move the rainbows to another tank.

OP
OP
Huff747

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any recent updates?
Only update is that I need to get off my rear and actually ask some people to help me move it back. Still looks like this so it’s a very short move but it’s so darn heavy and we really haven’t had the right people at the house to get it done.

IMG_6526.jpeg

I think the other contributing factor to my slowness is the floors look really good and I’m going to feel bad splashing and dripping on them. But nothing major will happen until at least June 9th as we’re going to be taking our vacation soon so while I could move it before then I’m not going to add water before we’re back.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back