Hydros and BRS?

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I see, it appears ReefBrite, ReefBreeders, and Kessil are all being discontinued there too. Looks like saltwateraquarium.com is gonna be my go to from now on.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it odd too. I have heard that they respond quickly but that's not been my experience so far unfortunately.
Another Hydros user, I’ve sent questions and issues to CV, answered within 12 hrs. by Carlos, I’m happy with response time.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I see, it appears ReefBrite, ReefBreeders, and Kessil are all being discontinued there too. Looks like saltwateraquarium.com is gonna be my go to from now on.
Other places I’ll be shopping online

rtparty

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

Where do you see that? Not a single Kessil light is discounted. The A360X was Kessil that discontinued it, not Aperture.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you see that? Not a single Kessil light is discounted. The A360X was Kessil that discontinued it, not Aperture.
Not saying they are discounted. Discontinued.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was there an announcement about this somewhere? Just curious as Kessil would be a surprising drop
No, just an observation that a lot of the Kessil lights and accessories are suddenly out of stock. Coupled with the other light brands that are being discontinued, it has me concerned. I asked in an email about the dropping of brands and got the generic answer of the brands themselves and the brs purchasing dept. make the calls on which products to stock. Hopefully they are just shifting things around and will restock.

rtparty

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
No, just an observation that a lot of the Kessil lights and accessories are suddenly out of stock. Coupled with the other light brands that are being discontinued, it has me concerned. I asked in an email about the dropping of brands and got the generic answer of the brands themselves and the brs purchasing dept. make the calls on which products to stock. Hopefully they are just shifting things around and will restock.

Kessil replaced the 360x with the 360xe so it makes sense there. I believe ReefBreeders has a new light coming out? So the Proton going away is expected. ReefBrite is defintely going away in time especially with the new venture with CV. Hopefully CV will up the quality becasue the ReefBrite bars have a lot of room for improvement.

Robert Ranciato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bulk reef supply has become a **** show since Ryan sold the place. Not sure why anyone shops there when you can pay the same price sometimes less and not pay a cent in sale tax from Aquacave.com

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the learning curve for the programming logic? When I see threads on here coaching people how to program things I get lost in the process. It seems unnecessarily cumbersome.
IMO - the PL is easier to use than to write an own Boolean code. It is modules of Boolean codes that you combine. Let us say that I want a certain socket to be on between 9 and 12 but only if pH is below 8. I do a PL gate as this. I configure a timer to be on between 9 and 12. I configure my nominal value of my pH probe to 8

1722326264779.png

I knit this to the actual switch socket

Now I want to add one more thing. The switch should only run if temperature is above 26 degree C even if the two above is true. set nominal value at 26 C.
A new PL gate like this has to be knit to the switch instead

1722326545532.png

You do programming but instead of writing code you stack modules with prewrite boolean code. Its another mindset but still as logical as writing raw code

Sincerely Lasse

UtahReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like BRS has made a business decision to not carry many popular brands going forward. If you take a look at their Reef Octo products many say out of stock and "discontinued by BRS". Don't understand that decision, look like they want to carry only the products they control and own. In addition, their prices keep going up and many popular items are more expensive than their competitors. Seem to me that deciding not to carry popular brand items is going to hurt their revenue stream in the long run. For me there is no more regular order from BRS. I am ordering from many of their competitors now. Too bad, did business with them for many years, but selection is down and prices are up.

Ironwill723

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bulk reef supply has become a **** show since Ryan sold the place. Not sure why anyone shops there when you can pay the same price sometimes less and not pay a cent in sale tax from Aquacave.com
Yep. Do all my orders from Premium Aquatics or Aquarium Specialty these days.

seapen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope this thread winds down soon, so we can get back to the very reason why we are all here - Our fish, our corals, and the wonder of it all working together in a glass box.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope this thread winds down soon, so we can get back to the very reason why we are all here - Our fish, our corals, and the wonder of it all working together in a glass box.
Wouldn't that be nice... hobbyists controlling the direction of the hobby instead of the industry...

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back