is it possible my candy coral will revive?

Ballyhoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tank is approaching 11 weeks old. But about four or five weeks ago I did a rookie thing, when my live rock got covered completely in some form of algae, I decided to get an auto scrubber i.e. battery powered scrubber, and I went in the tank and scrubbed all the rock clean inside the tank and when I did it by the next day candy cane regressed and the SPS next to it bleached white. I don't have much hope for that SPS but I'm wondering if my candy cane will ever revive. Other corals are doing OK since then, but I guess it was a pretty stupid thing to massively clean or remove all the algae from the dry rock inside the tank where it released so much material and changed the parameters and damaged some coral. The toad stool seem to survive but rarely shows polyps and not really sprouting . actually lost two SPS. typical rookie thing buying things like SPS in a brand new tank throwing money away before parameters are stable enough to sustain them. I do feel like I'm turning the corner and getting better parameters. Torches seem to do OK but it's the candy cane I'm wondering if it will ever come back.

IMG_6136.jpeg IMG_6138.jpeg

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don’t love a lot of light. If there is any tissue at all put it low in the tank and cross your fingers.

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 103 28.9%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 150 42.1%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 87 24.4%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 16 4.5%
Back