Is this a flatworm, and if so is he bad?

IndianaReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this tank for over a year and never seen anything like this guy. He's massive! Maybe half an inch long and a cm wide so i'm surprised I have never seen him. He is the first thing in the video then I just showcase a lil bristle worm and baby snail for fun. Pls let me know if I need to remove him or if he will be ok. I'd prefer no "its up to you" answers, tell me if he's in or out! hahaha. Thanks :)

Attachments

• b04e74b8-91c8-4dc1-9ffa-c408a5b0c1bf.mp4
    3.5 MB

Knucker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flat worms are never ok. Some will eat coral. The way I got rid of mine is I put hydrogen peroxide in a syringe and squirted it right on the flatworm.

You can also get some flat worms killer in the store.

OP
OP
I

IndianaReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flat worms are never ok. Some will eat coral. The way I got rid of mine is I put hydrogen peroxide in a syringe and squirted it right on the flatworm.

You can also get some flat worms killer in the store.
Ok thanks for the advice. I just tried to pull him out with some tweezers and his very well stuck to the rock

kjkszpj9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks for the advice. I just tried to pull him out with some tweezers and his very well stuck to the rock
Then its 100% a chiton, flatworms dont have any strength in sticking to rocks when you try to remove them. They are slimy and would probably get cut in half if you would try to remove it with a tool.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back