Klir Di4 v2 adapter plate

mickeysreef <*))))<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up the Klir Di4 v2 and it is working very good except the 4" adapter plate has 2 notches which allows water to escape the filter. I went online and see at least a post or two of others with the same issue but no resolution.

Checking out coralvue's website and I see they are selling 2 plates with what looks like no notches. 12 bucks.

I've emailed the seller and emailed coralvue. It's Sunday so I expect they'll get back to me in a day or two. So what's the resolution, will they send the correct plates or are you forced to buy them after the fact?

Very crazy if they are sending out wrong adapter plates in every package. My purchase was for new not open box - the fact they are selling the correct plate just infuriates me. Increase the price by 5 dollars and send the correct plate, what the.....

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up the Klir Di4 v2 and it is working very good except the 4" adapter plate has 2 notches which allows water to escape the filter. I went online and see at least a post or two of others with the same issue but no resolution.

Checking out coralvue's website and I see they are selling 2 plates with what looks like no notches. 12 bucks.

I've emailed the seller and emailed coralvue. It's Sunday so I expect they'll get back to me in a day or two. So what's the resolution, will they send the correct plates or are you forced to buy them after the fact?

Very crazy if they are sending out wrong adapter plates in every package. My purchase was for new not open box - the fact they are selling the correct plate just infuriates me. Increase the price by 5 dollars and send the correct plate, what the.....
When i bought mine it came with three different plates of different sizes.

OP
OP
mickeysreef <*))))<

mickeysreef <*))))<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i bought mine it came with three different plates of different sizes.
Mine too. 3.9 and 4.25. My sump is the Sapphire 39. I had an extra piece of 1/2" clear acrylic laying around so I just cut it to size of the sock plate and drilled a 4" hole. I'm not interested in fabricating further though, their claim is it drops right into a 4" sock... so why is the adapter notched?

OP
OP
mickeysreef <*))))<

mickeysreef <*))))<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I'm talking about. The 4" is notched for some reason. Water escaping right through there.
1000014237.jpg

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine too. 3.9 and 4.25. My sump is the Sapphire 39. I had an extra piece of 1/2" clear acrylic laying around so I just cut it to size of the sock plate and drilled a 4" hole. I'm not interested in fabricating further though, their claim is it drops right into a 4" sock... so why is the adapter notched?
Because not all 4" sock holders are created equal. It would be impossible to supply one for every builder. Mine fits my innovative Marine sock holder.

OP
OP
mickeysreef <*))))<

mickeysreef <*))))<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because not all 4" sock holders are created equal. It would be impossible to supply one for every builder. Mine fits my innovative Marine sock holder.
It's a 4" round hole. Every 4" sock I have ever ordered has just been round. I've never seen or noticed a notched sock. I may be ignorant but this is my experience. On the website, they sell a round 4" adapter without notches.....

Does your IM have notches? Is it 4"?

Speaking with coralvue did get me nowhere - which I was surprised as most people say they have good customer service. Luckily the seller reviewed the issue and stated they haven't seen a notched plate before and would try to get coralvue to send me a new one. Really my opinion is this. If you are selling round plates, that must mean enough people use them for you to make them. Raise the price by $1 or 5 and include the plate, or sell all of the plates separately with a disclaimer that the plate is not included.

Red Sea sells its skimmers with a disclaimer that you need to buy the controller and a lot of other products are the same. Trident doesn't work without an apex. It's ridiculous that they wouldn't include the correct plate when they sell it or at the very least let you know to buy it separately. I've wasted a bit too much time on settung this product up.

They must have the patent on this type of product because I don't see any others that just drop right in because I would just return this one and move on with my life.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a 4" round hole. Every 4" sock I have ever ordered has just been round. I've never seen or noticed a notched sock. I may be ignorant but this is my experience. On the website, they sell a round 4" adapter without notches.....

Does your IM have notches? Is it 4"?

Speaking with coralvue did get me nowhere - which I was surprised as most people say they have good customer service. Luckily the seller reviewed the issue and stated they haven't seen a notched plate before and would try to get coralvue to send me a new one. Really my opinion is this. If you are selling round plates, that must mean enough people use them for you to make them. Raise the price by $1 or 5 and include the plate, or sell all of the plates separately with a disclaimer that the plate is not included.

Red Sea sells its skimmers with a disclaimer that you need to buy the controller and a lot of other products are the same. Trident doesn't work without an apex. It's ridiculous that they wouldn't include the correct plate when they sell it or at the very least let you know to buy it separately. I've wasted a bit too much time on settung this product up.

They must have the patent on this type of product because I don't see any others that just drop right in because I would just return this one and move on with my life.
My IM does not have notches. My Klir drops right in and sits on top of the sock hole. Were you expecting it slide into the hole on the ridges?

OP
OP
mickeysreef <*))))<

mickeysreef <*))))<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My IM does not have notches. My Klir drops right in and sits on top of the sock hole. Were you expecting it slide into the hole on the ridges?

Mine drops in as well but water escapes the filter through the notches on the adapter plate. Here's is the adapter plate they sell without notches.

OP
OP
mickeysreef <*))))<

mickeysreef <*))))<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would anyone be kind enough to let me see the adapter plate on their klir-di4?

I'd like to verify if they all have notched plates or whether I received some thing out of the ordinary.

OP
OP
mickeysreef <*))))<

mickeysreef <*))))<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. So final solution to get the klir to fit in a sapphire 39 is to purchase a 98mm hole saw.

Cut a new sock plate using the old one's dimensions. Then drill your hole closer to the center
Be more precise if you are going to use 2 klir. I am only using one so precision not too important just not to closer to the outer edge.

Use the smaller cut out plate and it will fit perfectly. No modification to the sump is necessary.

Attachments

• 20240916_112708.jpg
    20240916_112708.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240916_112713.jpg
    20240916_112713.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1

HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED A TANK EMERGENCY? SHARE YOUR STORY IN THE COMMENTS!

• Unfortunately, yes.

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Thankfully, no.

Votes: 26 31.7%
  • Other (pleas explain).

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back