Last attempt…

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As yall know the emperor angelfish has been my dream fish since I was a kid. I was devastated when my adult I just got passed away. She also brought some nasties in my tank that Im not fighting with a QT medicated tank for my fish with symptoms and hypo in the DT for the rest. Nasty business. Anyway I went to the LFS to grab some more meds. Lo and behold I found a nickel sized emperor angel. So tiny, super active and healthy! Decided to take him/her home as I have my biocube. So I took it home and am doing observing and letting him grow (and this dude needs to grow a LOT before going in cause it would be a meal for the eels)!!! Last attempt on the emperor angel for me, something happens to this little one Im not getting another so wish me luck! Ive decided to call it Nickel for now since its no bigger than an actual nickel!!

IMG_6798.jpeg IMG_6797.jpeg

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As yall know the emperor angelfish has been my dream fish since I was a kid. I was devastated when my adult I just got passed away. She also brought some nasties in my tank that Im not fighting with a QT medicated tank for my fish with symptoms and hypo in the DT for the rest. Nasty business. Anyway I went to the LFS to grab some more meds. Lo and behold I found a nickel sized emperor angel. So tiny, super active and healthy! Decided to take him/her home as I have my biocube. So I took it home and am doing observing and letting him grow (and this dude needs to grow a LOT before going in cause it would be a meal for the eels)!!! Last attempt on the emperor angel for me, something happens to this little one Im not getting another so wish me luck! Ive decided to call it Nickel for now since its no bigger than an actual nickel!!

IMG_6798.jpeg IMG_6797.jpeg
That's beautiful! I would like to have one but literally all my tanks are filled with eels Lol

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's beautiful! I would like to have one but literally all my tanks are filled with eels Lol
Yeah thats why this one has got to grow a good deal before it can go with them! Ivar would eat it for sure little pooper lol

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG!!!! Soooo cute and tiny!!!! Crossing my fingers for you and Nickel!
Thank you! This little one was in the same tank as all these full size tangs and holding its own!!! Didnt even look stressed at all, just chillin. Cant wait for it to grow and see what gender it is! My gut says he but who knows! Never seen one this small before. Caught a glimpse of it between two large tangs and looked harder and was like oh that is an angel!!!

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah thats why this one has got to grow a good deal before it can go with them! Ivar would eat it for sure little pooper lol
Better pray that angel grows faster than Ivar because you know that eels literally eat fish almost twice their mouth size, but GOODLUCK

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better pray that angel grows faster than Ivar because you know that eels literally eat fish almost twice their mouth size
Ivar is actually pretty much full grown! His species caps at 24 inches, he is about 22ish-23 inches! Practically there! Same with Ghost, shes almost full grown too

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ivar is actually pretty much full grown! His species caps at 24 inches, he is about 22ish-23 inches! Practically there! Same with Ghost, shes almost full grown too
That sure is a big tank you have! Because I didn't expect them to be that big! They looked more smaller in pics Lol, but I've definitely seen some eels getting bigger than their said to be size, it's usually because some of the species of eels caught in the ocean have a average size of 18 to 30 inches in length, i would expect the jewel to grow maybe a few inches more

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HAAAAAAAA its just Nebula the newest eel (zebra) who is growing, shes probably 2 and a half feet now, and Loki my white eye. He is a little over a foot long but his max size is 2 feet too. Nebula is my last eel edition because of how big she will get!

And yeah its a 300 gallon 8 feet long! Nebula is the only one Im like holy heck youre a big eel girlfriend lol

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sure is a big tank you have! Because I didn't expect them to be that big! They looked more smaller in pics Lol, but I've definitely seen some eels getting bigger than their said to be size, it's usually because some of the species of eels caught in the ocean have a average size of 18 to 30 inches in length, i would expect the jewel to grow maybe a few inches more
He actually grew a ton, he was about 10 inches when I found him in a LFS and thin! But he has bulked out and grown a lot! Had him a little over a year now

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HAAAAAAAA its just Nebula the newest eel (zebra) who is growing, shes probably 2 and a half feet now, and Loki my white eye. He is a little over a foot long but his max size is 2 feet too. Nebula is my last eel edition because of how big she will get!

And yeah its a 300 gallon 8 feet long! Nebula is the only one Im like holy heck youre a big eel girlfriend lol
I am definitely surprised that you were able to keep the white eye with the jewel comparing the size difference! But i am sure that the big tank helps!

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am definitely surprised that you were able to keep the white eye with the jewel comparing the size difference! But i am sure that the big tank helps!
Me too, he actually went right up to Ghost and Ivar’s lair and curled up in there with them both! No aggression with them unless Loki gets food first, then Ivar will brawl with him and try to take his food lol

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too, he actually went right up to Ghost and Ivar’s lair and curled up in there with them both! No aggression with them unless Loki gets food first, then Ivar will brawl with him and try to take his food lol
Haha, Ivar sure is living with the principle of first come first serve Lol

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, Ivar sure is living with the principle of first come first serve Lol
Oh yeah, I feed him first so the other eels can get food without having to snarf it down to prevent him from taking it! Loki always does an eel knot with his food anyway lol. Not sure how Nebula will be, shes still adjusting and hasnt wanted food yet

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful little fish, be sure to feed it several times a day :)

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful little fish, be sure to feed it several times a day :)
Will do! I also have a baby snapper Im growing out in there too and he is a hungry boy! They get fed frozen once a day and pellets the other two times. Boy does he love PE mysis though! The little emp is already picking at some of my corals… oh well I knew that was a risk. He doesnt seem to be eating them so much as eating algae off of them but he is an angel after all lol. Also will mix angel lixer in and I have an order of angel blend from Hikiri coming so he can get all the sponge he wants :)

Back