Lemonpeel

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone keeping a lemonpeel in a sps only tank? I keep reading that they are definitely a no go with any lps,softies,or clams but was wondering if anyone has any experience to say they will leave my sps alone.
20240602_174914.jpg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
every fish has its own personality and may not go for corals, or could go for corals. if the general consensus is that it is not suited for reefs with SPS, i wouldn't bother taking the chance...

OP
OP
Tonycass12

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
every fish has its own personality and may not go for corals, or could go for corals. if the general consensus is that it is not suited for reefs with SPS, i wouldn't bother taking the chance...
Well this is exactly what I'm trying to figure out. As far as I can find people have had bad experiences with everything except sps

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well this is exactly what I'm trying to figure out. As far as I can find people have had bad experiences with everything except sps
most, if not all angels are reef safe with caution. question is, do you want to take the chance?

why not consider another nicely colored, yellow fish? are you decided on the angel? most, if not all are reef safe with caution so they would all be hit/miss regardless of the experience of others(keeping in mind the different personalities from each fish)

OP
OP
Tonycass12

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most, if not all angels are reef safe with caution. question is, do you want to take the chance?

why not consider another nicely colored, yellow fish? are you decided on the angel? most, if not all are reef safe with caution so they would all be hit/miss regardless of the experience of others(keeping in mind the different personalities from each fish)
I'm asking for folks who have had experience with this fish in particular. I appreciate you trying to bring something into this discussion but we're getting further away from my question going this direction.

Nearly any fish can become a coral eater. I know folks who have had tangs and foxfaces start munching on their corals. Many reef safe with caution fish are prone to go after lps, clams, soft corals, inverts and sponges but can do just fine with sps.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lemonpeels, and some close cousins like half-black and Eiblii are infamous coral eaters. I've had them eat soft and LPS, but I'm not really an SPS guy.

I think @ca1ore had one in his big reef with sticks among other corals.

OP
OP
Tonycass12

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lemonpeels, and some close cousins like half-black and Eiblii are infamous coral eaters. I've had them eat soft and LPS, but I'm not really an SPS guy.

I think @ca1ore had one in his big reef with sticks among other corals.
Luckily my display is 99% sps at this point. This is where I'm getting held up though. I understand little nips on sps here and there from angels is the norm but I haven't been able to find anyone saying they are picking their sps to death.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 20 16.8%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back