Let's Talk Everything Bubble-Tip Anemones!

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In today's video we head into the farm and talk all about Bubble-Tip Anemones! Some of the care requirements, color morph strains we keep, and our top favorites in the farm!

What is your favorite Bubble-Tip color morph? Let us know in the comments! Be sure to like, subscribe, and hit the bell notification!

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the rainbow!
IMG_7446.jpeg

NemLoverSA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a rainbow about 2.5 months ago at about 4". It is now 8-9 inches. It took two days to find its spot which happened to be right in the middle of my tank. Great for me! However, it never bubbles up any more. It spreads out wide, long and skinny. Also, it never looks like a rainbow anymore. Does anyone else have BTAs that have lost their bubbles and changed color?

Attachments

• Nem 5-20-24.jpg
    Nem 5-20-24.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 40

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just pulled 7 from my 120, 5 were rbta which all originated from a single nem. The other two were black widows which started as one. Still have 2 in there that I haven’t been able to get out yet. I’ve sold several others off the original rbta in the past, but whole heartedly regret ever putting one in there as beautiful as they are!

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a 15g that I’m gunna let the nems take over. Since this pic I’ve removed the corals I care about to a different tank. I don’t think I’d add a nem to a reef tank that had corals I cared about.
IMG_4253.jpeg
IMG_4200.jpeg

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2589.jpeg
I picked this one on the left at my LFS and it was a tan/reddish color but after it split and a few months went by…. Below was today and it’s so hard to get a good picture but this is close. It is a peacock blue-green with purple tips, the oral disc is dark and it has developed some white speckles.

IMG_4363.jpeg

It was hanging around with that Black Widow on the first picture but that one has been really declining and I was on here searching for help when I came across this thread. The BW is about the size of a nickel now and will puff out a little in the morning but by late afternoon he’s a tiny shriveled mess. His mouth is firm and it eats a little.

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Keep this thread rolling we want to see more pictures of your anemones in your reef tanks at home!

Come On GIF by Max

mythesis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a rainbow about 2.5 months ago at about 4". It is now 8-9 inches. It took two days to find its spot which happened to be right in the middle of my tank. Great for me! However, it never bubbles up any more. It spreads out wide, long and skinny. Also, it never looks like a rainbow anymore. Does anyone else have BTAs that have lost their bubbles and changed color?
Did you ever figure out what was going on?

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20240421_142404.jpg

This is one of my rainbow BTAs. They mostly reside on a stony plating coral skeletons that is inverted into a pedestal. Mostly they stay put but occasionally one escapes. I love them enough to deal with the inconvenience.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU HAVE A REEFING MENTOR? BRAG ON THEM IN THE COMMENTS!

• Yes.

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • I have before, but not currently.

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Not yet, but I'd like to have one.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • No.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I am the mentor.

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 6.0%