OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a price I didn't expect to see for paint. but at least they're on sale though.
Yea it’s a lot but to be fair it’s not as bad as some. Windsor/ newton oils can be about $50.00 a tube depending on the color. So for a package deal it’s really good. Just more than I have for them. My birthday is the 19th though and I can just take the funds I get for my birthday and get paint instead of fish. It’s a tossup lol.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yea it’s a lot but to be fair it’s not as bad as some. Windsor/ newton oils can be about $50.00 a tube depending on the color. So for a package deal it’s really good. Just more than I have for them. My birthday is the 19th though and I can just take the funds I get for my birthday and get paint instead of fish. It’s a tossup lol.
You can turn the paint into fish by selling a few paintings I suppose.

what the heck... just looking for simple gifs and I'm getting stuff like this! for 'barter'
Cedric The Entertainer Barber GIF

(shoulda used this on @fishguy242 's goodmorning post)

omg they're solid gold so I had to post them...

Last edited:
OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d been seeing these little tunnels for some time floating about Facebook. So I finally let curiosity get the best of me. I ordered two. One is flourescent of course. For the bedside tank and Cedar. The other is clear and will be for Atlas. Maybe he will hide out in there after they spawn and feel safer and actually hold to term.

She also makes sea horse perches and feeders :) I figured some here may like to check out the shop. It’s SeeShelter on Etsy/Facebook.
IMG_6422.png

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have I mentioned lately how much I hate PayPal? I’m still having issues with it using my bank card. I’ve removed and readied it several times not still will decline using it to go straight to jy credit card. Sigh. I’ve called twice. I’m just going to have to keep using the bank card to pay the credit card when I use PayPal cause it’s stupid. Lol.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I knew someone who would trade a fw kessil LED for my R24 lol.

Saturday I was able to head to the local reef shop. I went for salt but they only had the large buckets at 120.00 each o_O Needless to say I was not able to get any. Also they had no marine buffer, and was out of frozen foods. Sigh. I did however grab 20$ worth of hermit crabs and snails since I had exactly zero of each and figured it would be nice to have a CUC once more. Perhaps they can help get things looking better.

Yesterday I played with my lights a bit. I hung the R24 over the macs and they do seem to like the way a pendant vs strip does, so I know now that the upgrade will be a good decision. I took the strip to the pallifina tank which is across the room and have the Aquasky over jy art desk once more. The only bad thing about that is no blues for fluorescent art lol. I had thought of moving the aquasky back over to the pallifina across the room and putting the Serene light over the art desk. It does have the capability of going all blues for the art and it can hook to the same Bluetooth module as the R24. I might switcharoo later today when I get home. It would be logical. But I’m also in midst of a flare up and that’s a lot with my hands. Lol.

I asked my daughter for the spectral controller for the Reef tank LED and I’m second guessing. Currently I have one on wifi (it’s a Roku plug) and it comes on at literal sunrise and off at literal sunset. I’ve thought of asking her for another Fluval betta tank. It’ll be cheaper, and I could definitely use it for Sienna. I did apply some frosted backing to the 8 gallon but that one I’m also second guessing lol. If I get the Fluval betta, I can put an alien in the 3 gallon that Sienna is in haha. Idk.

Anywho, pics of schnails and their strange mouths, and of the R24 over the 35 gallon, the 8 gallon, the absolute mess the pallifina tank is and whatever face this is from Melody when I scritch her butt. Also the ppm of my alk the other day. (Not at all in that order ) Now it’s time to await the grandsons awakening, and see if he chooses violence or if he chooses to have a good day
IMG_6435.jpeg
IMG_6439.jpeg
IMG_6441.jpeg
IMG_6447.jpeg
IMG_6453.jpeg
IMG_6472.jpeg
IMG_6468.jpeg
IMG_6477.jpeg
IMG_6465.jpeg
IMG_6470.jpeg

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I knew someone who would trade a fw kessil LED for my R24 lol.

Saturday I was able to head to the local reef shop. I went for salt but they only had the large buckets at 120.00 each o_O Needless to say I was not able to get any. Also they had no marine buffer, and was out of frozen foods. Sigh. I did however grab 20$ worth of hermit crabs and snails since I had exactly zero of each and figured it would be nice to have a CUC once more. Perhaps they can help get things looking better.

Yesterday I played with my lights a bit. I hung the R24 over the macs and they do seem to like the way a pendant vs strip does, so I know now that the upgrade will be a good decision. I took the strip to the pallifina tank which is across the room and have the Aquasky over jy art desk once more. The only bad thing about that is no blues for fluorescent art lol. I had thought of moving the aquasky back over to the pallifina across the room and putting the Serene light over the art desk. It does have the capability of going all blues for the art and it can hook to the same Bluetooth module as the R24. I might switcharoo later today when I get home. It would be logical. But I’m also in midst of a flare up and that’s a lot with my hands. Lol.

I asked my daughter for the spectral controller for the Reef tank LED and I’m second guessing. Currently I have one on wifi (it’s a Roku plug) and it comes on at literal sunrise and off at literal sunset. I’ve thought of asking her for another Fluval betta tank. It’ll be cheaper, and I could definitely use it for Sienna. I did apply some frosted backing to the 8 gallon but that one I’m also second guessing lol. If I get the Fluval betta, I can put an alien in the 3 gallon that Sienna is in haha. Idk.

Anywho, pics of schnails and their strange mouths, and of the R24 over the 35 gallon, the 8 gallon, the absolute mess the pallifina tank is and whatever face this is from Melody when I scritch her butt. Also the ppm of my alk the other day. (Not at all in that order ) Now it’s time to await the grandsons awakening, and see if he chooses violence or if he chooses to have a good day
IMG_6435.jpeg
IMG_6439.jpeg
IMG_6441.jpeg
IMG_6447.jpeg
IMG_6453.jpeg
IMG_6472.jpeg
IMG_6468.jpeg
IMG_6477.jpeg
IMG_6465.jpeg
IMG_6470.jpeg
All looking grate

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All looking grate
Tyvm! It’s starting to come together. My nitrates are still sky high though. I’m going this Saturday to Petco to look at salt. I should have some money to get what I need at least for a couple water changes. That should help I hope.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tyvm! It’s starting to come together. My nitrates are still sky high though. I’m going this Saturday to Petco to look at salt. I should have some money to get what I need at least for a couple water changes. That should help I hope.
Petco normally runs a deal if you order online and pickup in the store you get like 15 or 20% of the purchase.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco normally runs a deal if you order online and pickup in the store you get like 15 or 20% of the purchase.
Yeah and right now I wish I had a way to get there sooner. I’ve a 20$ off 50 coupon on anything. Sadly it runs out today.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah and right now I wish I had a way to get there sooner. I’ve a 20$ off 50 coupon on anything. Sadly it runs out today.
They may still honor it if you use it online and pick up tomorrow? Or you can always ask if they will honor it even if it's expired sometimes they will.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They may still honor it if you use it online and pick up tomorrow? Or you can always ask if they will honor it even if it's expired sometimes they will.
It would be Friday or Saturday before I can get there. It’s a 30 minute drive :(

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they also have further discounts for repeat delivery if you can swing that.

not sure if you can arrange repeat delivery then cancel further after the first.
Once Hubbs gets more checks under him and some of the bills are lowered we can definitely figure that out. Fridays my birthday, so will see Saturday what cool stuff I can get at the shop. Wonder if I can get my mommy to bake me a birfday cake lol.

Currently this is my Amazon wish list. (As per request) I’m sure I need to add other stuff but this list has been in the making for a bit lol. https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/dl/invite/4FKfbrT?ref_=wl_share

I’m not sure if the address is on there or not. So also as per request:

118 McCall Ln
Easley, SC

I don’t even know if I did the list share right.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well bummer. Today I found my oldest and larges albimarginata had passed. I fed this afternoon and he didn’t eat, and was off to himself.

So now everyone’s trying to find a new pecking order. And of course begging for food lol. Look at these faces. How can you not fall in love with such little clowns.

Hoping they don’t fight too bad with big boy now gone. The females are puffing up at each other more than the boys. Must be getting close to spawning. Ignore all the specks flaring around. I had to remove the cyano and when I turned their filters back on it stirred up some stuff.
IMG_6493.jpeg
IMG_6496.jpeg
IMG_6499.jpeg
IMG_6503.jpeg
IMG_6507.jpeg
IMG_6508.jpeg
IMG_6510.jpeg

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to ask my friend Julie as to how old he was, but I’m pretty sure he was at least three or four. Also have to look up their lifespans but I’m thinking for the tiny Mouthbrooders that’s a pretty solid lifespan.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to ask my friend Julie as to how old he was, but I’m pretty sure he was at least three or four. Also have to look up their lifespans but I’m thinking for the tiny Mouthbrooders that’s a pretty solid lifespan.
Sorry for your loss from the uk .

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back