Maintenance or Menace: Let's talk Urchins!

Is your Urchin the tank maintenance man or the tank menace? Show off your Urchins in the comments!

• Maintenance Man!

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Menace!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A little bit of both...

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Other (Please explain).

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I had an Urchin, I thought they were one of the coolest creatures my eyes have ever beheld. After owning one, I still think that! But I also think they are one of the more annoying creatures my eyes have ever beheld! When I hired my Urchin to maintain my tank and do some GHA annihilating, I didn't expect it to lose all sense of its professionalism, disregard its job description, and take the whole tank on a joy ride...

Is your Urchin the tank maintenance man or the tank menace? Show off your Urchins!

Enjoy this image of my Urchin, Archie, taking the GSP and Zoas on a guided tank tour. When he's not toting the frags around, you can find him bulldozing my mushrooms, improving his GHA toupee, or bullying the anemone. I am in the thick of a GHA Battle (don't judge me), but I am happy to report that Archie is doing his job; he's just having a little fun and causing a lot of chaos while doing it. Secondary question: Should I make Adventures with Archie a Reef2Reef thread series? :face-with-tears-of-joy: Just kidding...Maybe.

tempImageyRs9ZH.jpg

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my urchins for their algae cleaning abilities, but they like to carry my snails with them. Then the snails get detached and left upside down and end up in weird places. They also like to become mobile frag racks in frag tanks.

IS YOUR URCHIN THE TANK MAINTENANCE MAN OR THE TANK MENACE? SHOW OFF YOUR URCHINS IN THE COMMENTS!

• Maintenance Man!

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Menace!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A little bit of both...

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Other (Please explain).

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back