making first light stand.

collosalness

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
working on designing my new tank set up.

Decided to go with a tank with an external overflow, (IM Nuvo 75 EXT), and want to build a light stand of sorts using extruded aluminum (ceiling mount not an option), there's an ac duct in the way. I was wondering how people mount the extrusions to the wall. Directly drill through and screw to stud, an l shaped anchor? 3d printed mount?

OP
OP
C

collosalness

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question

I’m curious too
i think there are some aluminum extrusion experts on here. I don't know much about working with these, but i assume that most circumstances, the lights won't be putting enough weight on the extrusions to stress them out. I''m not sure if 2020 or 3030 is the go to.

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that aluminum extrusion is used in tank stands so I’m sure it would be fine for lighting
i think there are some aluminum extrusion experts on here. I don't know much about working with these, but i assume that most circumstances, the lights won't be putting enough weight on the extrusions to stress them out. I''m not sure if 2020 or 3030 is the go to.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back