Metro + copper?

jamesb07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a flame angelfish, copperband butterfly, and 2 clownfish. Gonna follow the current QT protocol, my only question is with the clowns being susceptible to brook and the other two being susceptible to uronema would it be smart to run metro with coppersafe? Or maybe one before the other? TIA

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metro isn’t a very good treatment for external protozoans. I tend not to use it in conjunction with copper. It does nothing for Uronema (nothing works on internal Uronema - formalin or chloroquine works on external types seen in seahorses)

You could consider chloroquine if you can source that.

I typically just buy good quality tank raised clowns and that reduces the chance for Brook to a very high degree.

OP
OP
jamesb07

jamesb07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metro isn’t a very good treatment for external protozoans. I tend not to use it in conjunction with copper. It does nothing for Uronema (nothing works on internal Uronema - formalin or chloroquine works on external types seen in seahorses)

You could consider chloroquine if you can source that.

I typically just buy good quality tank raised clowns and that reduces the chance for Brook to a very high degree.
gotcha! It’s day 3 of QT, haven’t seen any signs of anything yet everyone is very active and eats well. I’ll start copper today and keep an eye out for any other problems

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back