Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My arm has been in the tank twice since then!
Firstly after I took this!

DSC_0004 (1024x684).jpg

This WAS the new look to that corner!
If you look very closely you can see some fluff coming from the leather closest to that mouth.

DSC_0005 (1024x684).jpg

It bit / pinched the leather!
I moved it to the scape., they are virtually neutral buoyancy so have to be stable.
Once it puffed up again it started rocking (don't even go there with music comments)! ;)
... where was I?
Oh yeh, arm in for the second time and moved it a few inches, they have a leathery base so I rotated it 180 degrees and sort of lightly wedged the base, it hasn't wobbled since. :)
Pics in a bit the leather shrank to smaller than when I put it in!

The soft coral is it a Litophyton or Lemnalia

Beautiful specimens, comrade

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to get this off my chest, I am angry at me, my lfs (they Know I am angry with them) and sad.

I saw this little guy on Friday and didn't ask for it, it was still pecking.
It is not dead, it is not moving, I have an air line bubbling away in the bag.
IF it survives I have a breeder net box thing I can put it in, less than 1% chance, it reminds me to check more often what they have in and what state they are in.
They import but should keep these in isolation, they have the facility to do it.
I couldn't talk to them about it because I was so angry, I will speak to them next weekend.

DSC08863 (1024x768).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything happens for a reason. Either he will die being cared for, or he will be a happy little camper in the near future. Either way he is blessed to have you.

This made me cry, I am on the edge of what my anti depressant can handle, I am over it but was so angry at myself, if I had got it pecking and active on Friday it would have gone in to pod central!

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, now I think about it there is a second fish gripe with my lfs.

I gave the young lady that works there my vampire tang, it has lost weight and been chewed in the frag tank.
She fed it frozen mysis, no interest, go figure, I made her put some macro algae in, if it is not better looking by next weekend I will as for it back.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just euthanased the little guy in a little zip lock bag in the freezer, just text my lfs manager, he is fully aware just how angry I am.

;Sorry

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just euthanased the little guy in a little zip lock bag in the freezer, just text my lfs manager, he is fully aware just how angry I am.

Sigh. When it rains it pours..

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I never meant to make you cry. I love your heart. I'm very sorry you had to take measures to make his passing gentle. I think he knows how much you cared. I'm not sure what else any being could ask for. Big hug. Ya did good.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all, sorry for the little outburst, it made me do a lot of thinking about all sorts of reef stuff I need to help put something physical back in to the hobby, I very rarely sell a frag, usually I trade at my lfs or give things away.
The mandarin incident made me think, there has to be a way to settle fish better!
Remember, England here, we have way less disease issues over here, so I am avoiding quarantine with "medications" here, my journal I can do what I want, suck it up! ;)
IF you could find a "clean" disease free exporter you are in business!
I do lots of reading, including some fish disease threads, I know fish may / will have them dormant.
Have a system ready for them with their natural diet available and just let them settle.
Not that stupid, pop them in a fresh box of salt for a day or 2 and observe if obviously observed disease is present (remember the clean dealer bit?) put them in a qt and deal with it.
If they are fine then pop them in the receiving tank and leave them to chill, feed as appropriate but let them "graze".
"but let them "graze". " My theory is that "some" importers and shops don't even consider what there natural diet is and instantly try to "convert" them to frozen, if it is a tang (give or take) it will eat macro algae, give it macro algae. Mandarin goes in a pod loaded tank, you get the idea!

Moving on, this died back to a little finger nail (pinkie) size, the second time, now on the scape behind and growing just as fast, 3 cm plug! :)

DSC_0005 (1024x671).jpg

Yes it has purple polyps and yes it has hints of yellow, not a clue what it it is but it is happy, in for 7 days now, we have base flesh! ;)

DSC_0006 (1024x710).jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your recent troubles.

Based on what happened and what's happening with the Vampire Tang, you may want to start looking for a new LFS. I believe in 2nd chances, for sure, but beyond that it becomes my responsibility.

Hope you're in better spirits today.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your recent troubles.

Based on what happened and what's happening with the Vampire Tang, you may want to start looking for a new LFS. I believe in 2nd chances, for sure, but beyond that it becomes my responsibility.

Hope you're in better spirits today.

I have done a lot of thinking, lifted my mood, changes are afoot, I just need to speed the process up a bit, I might be out of a job at the end of this month, I need to balance my books! ;)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done a lot of thinking, lifted my mood, changes are afoot, I just need to speed the process up a bit, I might be out of a job at the end of this month, I need to balance my books! ;)

Uh oh! I hope you're able to hang on to the job if, in fact, that is what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 57 25.6%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 97 43.5%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 56 25.1%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 13 5.8%
Back